Twenty-Seven

© 2019, ItsLillieBro

_____

Edited 11/26/2020

_____

Chase

I watched hesitantly as the figure emerged from the treeline before us.

The wolf growled at us as it got into position to pounce. It had an unfamiliar scent and one of my men swiftly took it down.

"Shift," I commanded loudly.

The wolf just stared at me and I growled lowly.

"Shift rogue! I'm not in the mood for games," I angrily spat.

The wolf shifted and a naked girl laid on the ground.

"Who are you?" One of my men, Tyler, asked.

"I was sent to find you guys from Alpha Gene of the Firestone pack," she said as she looked to the ground.

Tyler threw her a blanket and she draped it over her back, still not getting up from the ground.

"If you were sent here why didn't you shift when I commanded you? You should know better than to disrespect an alpha," I hissed at her, wishing she'd get on with her explanation all while my wolf was angry for her disrespect.

"I'm sorry, Alpha, I meant no disrespect. I was sent to offer my assistance," she said with her eyes still focused on the ground.

"And just how could you assist us?" Tyler asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I have," she paused before clearing her throat and meekly continuing by saying, "A gift."

We began to question her and once she explained her gift was somewhat of a link to the moon goddess I couldn't help but scoff.

"Get out of my way, you're wasting the time I could be using to find my mate," I said taking a step to move past her.

"Alpha Willix, please, I want to help you. I can help you find her," she said, almost pleading.

"Why do you want to help us so badly?" I asked.

"Because my alpha said I must not come back until I've helped you," she said quietly.

I sighed and said, "If you in anyway hurt one of my men, me, or impede my search for my mate I will kill you. Understand?"

She nodded quickly and Tyler gave her his shirt before ordering two men to watch her as we walked, keeping a distance between us.

After coming up with nothing after walking for an hour we stopped and the girl asked to speak to me.

"I can see things. I don't know how to explain it, but the men who took your mate were here and your mate is one hell of a fighter," she said which caused a smile to come onto my face.

It went as quickly as it came.

"Okay, if you can see things tell me where she is," I said as I crossed my arms, not believing her.

She shook her head and said, "It doesn't work like that. I can only see what the moon goddess wishes for me to see. As of right now, she doesn't want me to see that there must be some reason she has sent you on this journey or some reason your mate has been taken-"

I snarled and gruffly said, "Don't you dare say that. What reason would she have for putting us both, our packs, our family, through this pain?"

She stayed quiet and I knew I had scared her. I didn't care and I quickly turned on my heel before continuing to walk.