Sixteen

© 2016, ItsLillieBro

Edited 09/06/2020

__________

Hailey

"How can she be human?!" A large man asked in one of the chairs. "This is unjust! There is no way she is his mate, and now he is risking our way of life for a human girl?!"

Multiple men yelled out as well and one yelled something that struck me the hardest, "Maybe he is not fit to be alpha!"

"Enough!" Chase's father said in a thundering voice, the room immediately fell silent.

Of course, this lead to all eyes trailing to us, specifically me.

"Now, we know it is obviously rare, but not completely unheard of so stop acting like it is impossible. Who my son has been paired up with is up to the Great Luna herself, and has nothing to do with his leadership skills, other than him needing her to be better at it. Any further complaints can be kept to yourselves or taken up with me, personally."

I tried to hide my smirk, but it slowly crept its way onto my face.

"Thank you, Father. I can take it from here," Chase said.

His father nodded and Chase continued, "The future of Blackstone is in good hands, council, I assure you. My mate has done nothing but strengthen me, and without her I would not be the man I am now, standing in front of you. She makes me happier, stronger, and a better man, a better leader. Nothing, and I mean nothing  will cause me to leave her or this pack unprotected. This is my destiny and no one will take that from me."

I thought, "Oh lord, someone help me."

I bit the inside of my lip and smiled. This was the first time I was seeing Chase act as a leader firsthand. I've never been more proud, not to mention it was extremely attractive.

The elder in the middle of all the men shushed the quiet talking that had started after chase spoke.

"Very well said, Chase," the man said while standing up, "You have proven to be a better man the last time we saw you, showing what you said is true. The human girl-"

Chase growled.

The man corrected himself, "Sorry, future Luna Hailey, is your mate and we shall respect that. She seems as she is good for you and we were wrong to doubt your abilities. The alpha ceremony will proceed when you two are fully mated."

He howled and everyone stood before quickly leaving, apparently meaning the meeting was over.

Mr. Willix told us goodbye and it was just Chase and I left.

I could tell Chase was waiting for me to ask so I went ahead with it, "Chase what did he mean by being fully mated?"

Chase sighed before smiling and with a wink he said, "All in good time my love."

....

"Lee! Lee! Lee!" shouted Evie.

We had gone to Chase's parents house after the meeting. Brooklyn was with Chase's mother at the pack Doctor, so I was watching Evelyn while Chase took care of some things. I figured if I was going to learn about this life, his family would be a great place to start.