Nine

© 2015, ItsLillieBro

Edited 08/11/2020

________

Hailey

"So, what exactly are we doing here?" I asked, not bothering to hide my confusion or bored tone. Chase grinned from his place beside Olivia, obviously amused by my attitude.

"We're bonding," Olivia chirped and Andrew laughed, while he held Bray closely.

I was happy he had stepped up, although I was still wary of him.

I wasn't sure if I believed his intentions or his promises, but he didn't need to know that. He sure would have to work hard to gain my trust; however, it was Olivia's call to let them into their lives, not mine. I trusted her judgment knowing she would never put Bray in harm's way, emotional or physical.

I gave her a look as my eyebrow rose, "What kind of bonding?"

I figured something like this would be happening. It's been about a week or two since Olivia revealed to Andrew that he was a parent. At first, it was extremely awkward, but they'd been spent almost every day together ever since and things had improved. She said it was nothing more than him helping her with Brayden, but she was lying.

Or she was just that oblivious.

"We're going to play two truths and a lie!" she explained with a smile and a clap.

I snickered and asked, "Don't you play that in like third grade?"

She narrowed her eyes, "No. Now shut up, you're going first because of that comment." Then to top it off she stuck her tongue out at me.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Very mature for a woman with a child."

"Well, um, I have a sister. I moved out when I was 16, and I don't like surprises," I said quickly.

I didn't know what to say, and I didn't want to go too deep since Chase and Andrew didn't know me like that.

"The sister one," Chase said and I nodded my head.

"I knew that, but I know just about everything about you. I was letting the boys get to know you a bit," she winked and I forced a laugh. She turned to Chase and asked, "How did you guess that right off the bat?"

He shrugged and said, "She is very independent so it didn't really surprise me that she had left at that age, and she also told you the other day you were the sister she never had."

I was shocked to hear he had paid so much attention to me, I didn't even remember saying that. I felt my cheeks slightly heat up at the thought of him watching me so closely to notice such small things. A foreign feeling came across me.

"Okay, my turn. I have a sister and a brother, I'm about to take over for my father, and I have dogs," Chase said and laughed as he said the last part.

I've never seen dogs around here so I went with that one, "The dogs one."

He shook his head and Olivia answered next, "You don't have a brother and a sister. You only have sisters."

Chase sighed and said, "A guy can dream."

As if on cue two girls who I assumed to be twins came running down the stairs yelling his name. They had to be about seven years old. They stopped halfway down the stairs to argue.

"You're a meanie!" one of the girls yelled.

"No! I was helping!" the other argued.

"Chase!" They yelled in unison and he winced.