Thirteen

© 2015, ItsLillieBro

Edited 08/16/2020

_______

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING I will indicate with a ** before it begins, it happens when Hailey explains to Chase her childhood abuse. 

_______

Hailey

"Chase she's as beautiful as you said she was!" said his mother who had much more of an accent than Olivia did.

It definitely went with her cute personality and their lovely home. It looked like something out of the Southern Living magazine that Olivia bought all the time. It was homey, not too big but not too small either. It was definitely something that I would buy.

Chase smiled and said, "I know, why do you think I told you she was?"

I blushed and Chase squeezed my hand lightly.

"Aww! You two are just too cute!" she gushed before telling us to follow her into their dining room.

We sat at the table covered in food.

"Eat up, I made plenty! I wasn't sure what you liked, so," she scratched the back of her head with a nervous smile, something I had seen Chase do many times, "I kinda made everything."

I smiled and said, "I'm sure it will all be lovely."

As I reached for the spoon something attached to my leg. I jumped slightly before looking down.

Evie.

I smiled at her before removing her slowly and placing her on my hip.

"Well, hello Miss Evie. Are you hungry?" I asked and she nodded quickly.

I placed her in one of the chairs next to me and grabbed a plate for her. As I made her plate I couldn't help but feel eyes on me. I glanced up and saw both Chase and his mother staring at me with unreadable expressions. It made me kind of nervous in all honesty, but I just went back to her plate before Brooklyn came and asked for one as well.

"Sweetheart, let mommy get it so Hailey can eat," Mrs. Willix said, trying to take the started plate from me.

"No!" Brooklyn yelled, stomping her foot, "I want Hay-Hay to do it! She did Evie's!"

I sent the angry mother a nervous smile, "Really, Mrs. Willix, it's fine. I don't mind to do it for her."

"Please honey, call me Shelby," she smiled before replacing it with a frown and turning to the young child, "No Brooklyn, I will not raise you to pout and scream to get what you want. I said no and that means no. Drop it," she sternly said.

I don't know how Brooklyn was still acting out, the woman was scaring even me and I wasn't the one being told what to do.

Brooklyn let out a blood curdling scream and Evie covered her ears before yelling, "No Brooke, No!"

Mrs. Willix sighed as she sent me an apologetic look  before she drug the dramatic child up the stairs.

"Well," Chase said as he heard his mother yelling, "Let's eat."

I stared at him wildly as he acted as if everything was normal and there wasn't a child screaming like a banshee upstairs. Evie must've noticed the expression that her brother did not because she giggled before telling me about her sister.

"Brooke gets in trouble a lot for her 'attitude' as mommy calls it."

I smiled at her using quotes with her fingers for attitude, obviously not exactly knowing what it meant.