Eighteen

© 2018, ItsLillieBro

This chapter is dedicated to PhoenixPhee. You guys should follow her and read her book! She's great :)

Happy reading!

Edited 09/25/2020

___________

Hailey

It'd been three weeks since things between Chase and I had gotten a little heated. It didn't lead to anything, although we both wanted to, as we were interrupted again. Ever since then I hadn't seen much of him, as he'd been so busy. I had also been finishing up my school work with a summer class at the local college. I graduated in about a month and I would be a nurse as I had done some schooling back in Oregon. When I was there it was the only reason I was allowed to leave the house.

Chase supported me wanting to further my education and believed I should work in the infirmary in the packhouse. He said I could learn a lot from them and I agreed. It would also help me with not feeling so out of place with that pack, it made me feel like I had a purpose. I wanted to be seen as more than the "Alpha's human trophy" which is how I felt most members viewed Alpha's mates, especially in our situation.

I was slightly glad we were interrupted, as it was just not the right time for that step to happen between us. Chase would be the first person who has not forced me to share that experience with him, so I want it to be special for us both. My feelings for him were becoming overwhelming and I had planned something to discuss these feelings when the time was right.

Macy had still not woken up. She was now 4 months pregnant. I learned that for werewolves they would go to 6 months as their full term. We were hoping she would wake up soon, but the doctors believed when, or if, she did she would be at full term. It was just a waiting game at this point.

Today I was shadowing one of the pack doctors, Dr. Wells, she was over the child and infant/prenatal care and one of the head pack doctors. This was the field I was planning on going into, so she wanted me to shadow her and see if I'd like to be her nurse.

I was walking over from mine and Olivia's when a voice stopped me. I turned around to see Olivia with Bray on her hip. It had been about four months since she and Andrew patched things up, although it was still a work in progress. It had also been close to the same amount of time since Chase and I's first date. It was hard to believe that much time has passed.

"Wait, before you go I need to talk to you!" she yelled as she began to walk towards me, I met her halfway in the yard.

"I miss you," she said, as she readjusted Bray on her hip, "We both do actually. I feel like between work, school, and the boys we're like two ships passing in the night lately."

I nodded in agreement and said, "I miss you too, we'll get the boys to babysit tonight and have a girls night. Does that sound good?"

She smiled and nodded.

I gave Bray a kiss before I headed back over to the pack-house. I could not believe how big he was. He was now nine months old and since he was a werewolf baby he had already started walking and spoken a handful of sentences. He had begun talking at about five months. He was also very tall for his age. Andrew was tall as well, something Liv said was common for most male werewolves.

I was pulled from my thoughts as I neared the front door and a person was thrown down the stairs.

I gasped and rushed to the man, "Oh my goodness! Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine, no need to worry, Luna," he groaned.

I smiled sheepishly and said, "There's no need, I'm not, you don't have to uh-"