Six

© 2015, ItsLillieBro

Edited 06/26/2020

_______

Hailey

"And we danced and danced, and laughed," I said with a huge smile.

Olivia gave me a knowing look and giggled. I joined her knowing it was because of the fact that the party was almost a week ago and I was still speaking of it. I couldn't tell you why it meant so much to me, it was such a small gesture. Even if I only knew of so much as his name, Chase Greyson Willix, he was all I could think of.

"Someone's in love," she teased, dragging out the word and making faces at her baby boy.

I laughed, ready to argue with her but seeing something out of the corner of my eye stopped me. I turned my full attention to the window.

A girl.

She was crying, out in the driveway across from ours. My curiosity got the better of me as I moved closer to the window.

When I reached the window and pulled the curtain back a bit, I realized there was a guy standing there talking to her. What I least expected was for the guy to turn around, and it to be Chase. A wave of jealousy and hurt washed over me as I saw him lean down and try to hug her.

She pushed him away and left. He didn't chase after her, but the fact he was trying to comfort her made me realize that the night that meant everything to me didn't mean a thing to him.

This is when I came to the conclusion that I was naive in thinking all men were not the same.

...

I was sitting in my window seat reading my favorite book when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"You're interrupting my time with Jameson!" I yelled jokingly, as I assumed it was Olivia.

However, the door flung open so hard it broke it off its hinges. I looked up to find an angry Chase standing in its place.

I gave him a look and asked, "What is wrong with you? Why the hell did you break my door? How did you even open it that hard?"

He looked around and angrily asked, "Where's the guy?"

It was then I realized he thought I meant a real guy instead of my book. In any other situation, I would've laughed, but my anger clouded the humor of it.

"Why are you here, Chase?" I asked while closing my book and returning my gaze to the window.

"To ask you out on a date," he answered.

My head snapped towards him so fast I thought I had given myself whiplash.  I couldn't believe after what I had seen that he had the audacity to ask me out.

I sneered to him, "I'm sorry, repeat that, please. I couldn't hear you with your head stuck up your girlfriend's ass."

I had no idea where the sudden confidence came from, but I was grateful for it. I could see the wheels turning in his mind before he realized what I was referring to.

"No, wait, Hailey, you don't under-"

"Don't tell me that I don't understand. I know what I saw, now please leave," I said, pushing him out, "This would be where I shut the door in your face, but you have so conveniently broken it, so goodbye."

I stepped around him, went into my bathroom, and slammed the door.

I sat up against the door for at least a good ten minutes before I decided to go downstairs. I was pretty sure Chase was smart enough not to stick around if he knew what was good for him. I needed ice cream. I sighed as I glanced at my broken door and was ready to head downstairs when I heard talking. I stopped at my place at the top of the stairs and decided to listen.