Fifteen

© 2015, ItsLillieBro

Edited 08/30/2020

________

Hailey

I hadn't slept very well, but when I had finally fallen asleep it was in a very awkward position. I had woken up with a horrible crick in my neck because of it. I groaned and rubbed my neck as I thought about the day before. It felt like it was all a dream, but I was aware that it was all very real.

I pulled myself off the cheap bed and made my way into the bathroom. It wasn't the nicest, just like the rest of the place, but it would have to do.

I started thinking about the word Chase said yesterday.

Mate.

I wasn't really sure how to feel about it. A part of me was happy about it, but the other part of me wasn't. The part of me that thinks about the freedom I didn't have for over half of my life.

The freedom to choose who I wanted to be, where I wanted to be, who I wanted to be with..

I had never been given those choices before. Was I okay with what he had told me? If it was true there wasn't much I could do about it, obviously, but I wanted to know more about it before I went making my mind up about things I didn't understand.

I finished my shower and decided to go talk to Olivia before I went to talk with Chase. We had all had time to sleep on everything and given me time to process things, I wanted to hear about all of it from Olivia and then get my questions answered from Chase. I walked back to give myself time to think and to remind myself to act understandingly and rationally while I spoke to both of them.

When I reached the house I took a deep breath before knocking. I waited a few seconds before Olivia appeared at the door with the sweet little boy I had grown to love so deeply. He was like my own.

"Hi," she meekly said, looking like she was afraid I would bolt at any second.

"Can we talk?" I asked as I gestured inside.

"Of course, you don't have to say it like that either. You still live here too, you know."

Her voice was barely above a whisper so when we sat down I took her hands into mine.

"I'm not running away, you're my best friend. You and Brayden, you two are my family. I just needed time to process things and now I need to know everything that you feel I need to know before I speak to Chase. So stop acting like I'm a spooked animal and act normal. I have to admit, I'm still pretty angry. I trusted you with every piece of my life, and you kept this from me. That's going to take me time to forgive, especially because I don't trust easily."

She sighed and said, "I know, and I am so sorry Hailey."

"We'll get into that after you explain to me what I need to know," I said sternly.

I wanted to know what I was getting myself into.

"I don't really know where to start," she said as she gave a curt laugh which made me feel a little less on edge.

"Well, start with the 'werewolf community' thing. Who controls that? How many are there?" I asked remembering what Chase had said before.

"Okay well, we have our pack. Our pack is called the Blackstone Pack. My uncle, Chase's father, is the current Alpha. That means-"

I cut her off, "He's the leader."

She nodded and a thought occurred to me so I asked, "So, that means Chase will take over, correct?"