30: The Confession

Hyunjae had gotten a message from Juyeon asking if he had time to hang out- in a group chat with both Juyeon and Eric. The oldest boy was so close to not going at all. These were the two guys who avoided him at all costs. They left him hurt and confused. If it wasn't for Jacob, he wouldn't have even opened the message.

Eric on the other hand, really didn't want to go. He had been working so hard on getting over his feelings for both of the older boys, and now he was suddenly being asked to hang out with the both of them? If it weren't for Kevin, he might've just went back to ignoring the older boys.

-----------

Juyeon was a nervous wreck. Not only was he about to confess his feelings to Hyunjae- who he had been to nervous to ask out previously, but also Eric. He didn't even know he liked Eric up until two days ago, but yet here he was.

And Eric was a whole different story. How could Juyeon look him in the eyes after hearing his drunk rant? The only good thing that came out of it was that Juyeon had realized his feelings for the younger boy. Other than that, it felt like a complete invasion of privacy. It was something that he was never supposed to hear, but yet he did.

-----------

Hyunjae had put the bare minimum effort into his outfit. He didn't want to the other boys to know that he cared. He wanted to make it seem like he cared as little as they did. If you couldn't tell, the two boys had hurt Hyunjae pretty bad.

He threw on a sweatshirt and some sweat pants before making his way to the cafe that Juyeon wanted to meet at. He had made sure to wait five minutes before leaving, so that way he wouldn't be there early.

When he got there, Eric and Hyunjae were already sitting at a booth in the back. They were both looking everywhere but at each other. It made Hyunjae wonder if they had both been ignoring each other too.

He slid into the booth next to Eric and began to stare at the wall. It was painfully awkward, but Hyunjae wasn't sure what he could possibly say. He wasn't the best at diffusing awkward situations, so he was just going to have to sit and wait this one out. Luckily for him though, he didn't have to wait long.

"So guys, I wanted to start off by saying that I'm really sorry for avoiding you guys. I had a lot going on and I didn't know how to handle it."

"You could have just told us. We would have found a way to help." Eric had still been looking at the floor, not even bothering to look at the older boys when he spoke.

"But the whole reason that I had a lot going on was you guys."

"What do you mean?" Unlike Eric, Hyunjae had actually looked up at Juyeon.

"So basically, I kind of had a little freak out because I figured out that I liked Eric. And that wouldn't have been a big deal, but I already liked you, Hyunjae. I didn't know what was happening. I just knew that I like the both of you."

----------

go stan dkb.

they are so talented and they deserve the world. dont sleep on them hmph