11: The Deal Between Three Friends

Rent was getting abnormally high.

In the last two years that Jacob was renting his apartment, never had the rent gotten this high. He didn't know what to do. In order to even be able to keep up with this months rent, Jacob would have to pick up a third job, but he didn't have nearly enough time for that.

It wasn't until he saw Younghoon walking into the grocery store completely bruised up that he had an idea.

What if he got Younghoon and Hyunjae to rent an apartment with him? Of course there would have to be an actual bedroom, but with the three incomes combined, they would be able to afford it, as well as some actual food. Now all he had to do was talk to the two other boys about it.

He made sure to wait until there wasn't anyone else in the store- which wasn't pretty hard since no one ever came in at two in the morning and Sangyeon was still on leave to take care of his child. He made his way over to Younghoon- his first target.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Of course, what's up?"

"I was thinking that we could all move in together. My rent is getting super high, Hyunjae needs a place to live, and you need to get away from your parents, so maybe it would work out? We could all split the rent, since we would be making the same amount."

"Are you sure? I could pick up another job so that you wouldn't be the only one working two shifts."

"No, you're going to school. I don't want you to have to drop out."

"What about Hyunjae? Have you talked to him about it?"

"No, actually. I wanted to get your opinion first before talking to him about it."

"I think it sounds like a good idea. You should ask him."

"Alright." I gave him a small smile and made my way over to Hyunjae's register.

"Hey."

"Hi. Whats up?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Go for it."

"So I was thinking about something."

"Yes..?"

"And I was wondering if you would be up to sharing an apartment with me and Younghoon? My rent is getting high, Younghoon needs a place to stay, and so do you. So maybe we could split the rent and get a two bedroom or something?"

"That actually sounds amazing. Why haven't we thought of that sooner?"

"I don't know, but I'll get started on looking for the apartment."

"Do you think we'd be able to afford it, though?"

"I think so. If we all put some money into the rent then we'd all have a little less than half of our money to spend. Plus, I'm working at the flower shop so we'd definitely have enough money for food and furniture."

"Oh my god, that sounds great. I can't even remember the last time that I sat on a couch."

"I can't even remember the last time I had a nice breakfast. Or a time where we haven't seen Younghoon completely bruised up."

"Hey, I heard that!"