9: Kevin's Family Issues

Kevin was not having the best time.

In fact, that was probably one of the biggest understatements of the century.

His family had just gotten into a car accident and they were all being treated for injuries. His sister was fine- she was the one who called him and told him. His parents on the other hand, where not doing too good. His mom's legs had gotten stuck in between the seat and the dashboard, so now she was at risk for paralyzation from the waist down. Then there was his dad. He needed to get multiple surgeries for his arm. It had been completely bent the wrong way and now he needed to get the surgery to put the bone back into its place.

So yeah, he wasn't doing too good at all.

It was times like this that made him regret moving to Korea. Sure he loved it here, but he always hated being away from his family. He loved his family more than anything in the entire world. So naturally when he got news of them all being injured, he wished he could be there.

The only thing that could possibly take his mind off of all this was going to talk to Jacob.

Kevin found him very endearing. He had never seen anyone like the other boy. He wanted to get to know him. He wanted to be able to consider him a friend and help him like one would.

And that part wasn't random. He had definitely noticed the extremely dark under eye bags that Jacob had. He was genuinely worried.

So in his mind, if he went and talked to Jacob, he would learn stuff about him and then he would be distracted from the fact that his family were currently in the hospital somewhere across the world. And there he was. In front of the same run down grocery store he was at the other night.

Jacob wasn't feeling good at all.

Maybe it was because of the fact that he hadn't eaten in three days? In his defense, he didn't really have the money for food. Rent had been getting higher and he couldn't afford to be evicted right when winter was about to start. That was when the homeless shelter would start getting full and there wouldn't be any more space.

But anyways, he really wanted to call in sick, but he decided not to when he had found out that Sangyeon wouldn't be going in because his girlfriend was in labor and that Younghoon also wouldn't be going in because he had been injured really badly and he needed a day or two for the pain to go away.

Younghoon's part was a usual occurrence, but it didn't help that it was on the same night that Sangyeon was out. He really couldn't leave Hyunjae there alone, so he decided to get his shit together and just get to work.

Jacob new that he should have probably stayed home once he had gotten to the grocery store.

He had no energy left whatsoever. He really hoped that he wouldn't use up so much energy already, which is why he even walked slower today. The one thing that did help him though, was seeing the relieved look on Hyunjae's face. It definitely gave him enough strength to get through his shift.

Something that also gave him a little more strength was seeing Kevin walking through the broken sliding doors.