7: Kevin Goes To School

Tuesday. The day that Kevin had to go to college.

Kevin only had classes on select few days. One of the perks of being a junior. Obviously, he has Monday off. Those were probably the worst days to have classes. The only days he has lectures and classes were Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. They didn't take very long, so Kevin always had time to get ready for work afterwards. He only worked part time, so everything worked out perfectly schedule wise.

Kevin didn't want to go though. He was having a particularly bad ADHD day. Not only was he completely struggling to even get dressed without running into the kitchen every five seconds to make sure he got more orange juice, but he also didn't feel very confident. In fact, he felt the complete opposite. He knew why that was. He needed to start taking some medications. Eric had specifically told him what would happen if all of the disorders, particularly ADHD, went untreated. He hated feeling like this and he hated not being able to pay attention to anything even more. At least his friends didn't mind.

In college, he only had a few friends with him. Juyeon, Chanhee, and Changmin. They were all Juniors as well. The only reason that they even knew about Kevin's disorders was because they had seen Kevin mid-anxiety attack. Chanhee and Changmin were psychology majors, so they were quick to help the random boy who was having an anxiety attack in the middle of campus. They had eventually become friends and introduced him to their friends- Eric and Juyeon being two of them.

He had two lectures today, one of which he had with Juyeon, so it would be okay. Juyeon had taken the time to learn how to help Kevin in case something happened while they were hanging out. Kevin couldn't have been luckier when choosing friends.

Jacob had just made to his shift at the florist when he noticed a group of kids in school uniforms walking and hanging out. He felt so jealous.

He would have been in a lecture right now. He would have people to hang out with. He would have had a proper education. But no. He was stuck working his ass off at some flower shop while everyone else got to enjoy their lives and go to school. Oh what he'd give to be able to go to college.

But back to work for him.

It was a pretty slow day at the shop. But then again, what would you expect from this part of town? The only thing that Jacob was looking forward to was seeing Kevin.

The boy had really grown on him over a short amount of time. Jacob just thought that it might have been the fact that the two had been seeing one another a lot and he was really helping to cure his boredom, but it was very clearly something else. Something that Jacob didn't want to acknowledge.

It was the fact that he had growing feelings for the other boy. There were multiple reasons why that wasn't good. One being that he definitely was not ready for a relationship. After everything he'd been through because of relationships, he most definitely was not ready for another one.

The second reason being Kevin was a normal person who got to enjoy his normal life.