17: The Date

Both of the boys sat down on the blanket before leaning onto each other and enjoying the sunset. Jacob had made sure to prepare snacks and sandwiches in case Kevin got hungry. He himself didn't need much since he was used to going without eating, but he didn't want Kevin to suffer, especially on their date.

Once the sunset was over, the two boys laid down and looked up at the sky. While they did that, they were also snacking on chips and making light conversation. It was going much better than Jacob had thought and that was making him feel a lot better. He could tell that Kevin was enjoying himself because the younger boy would randomly share stories of his childhood or things that he enjoys while also taking in the beauty of the night sky. This was a huge advantage to Jacob because he was starting to find out things about Kevin, like how he always eats his sandwiches cut up into perfect triangles and how his favorite food is a grilled cheese sandwich.

By the end of the night, neither of the two boys could take the smiles off their faces.

Jacob had walked Kevin home, insisting that it was far too dangerous for him to be out by himself. In return, he had gotten himself a kiss of the cheek. Kevin seemed worried about how Jacob was going to get home, but he knew that Jacob could handle himself- especially after years of living there.

If you're wondering whether or not Jacob told the younger boy about his past, he definitely didn't.

That wasn't something you bring up on a first date. Especially not when the date is going so well and you're both enjoying yourselves. For Kevin though, he would have definitely liked to know why Jacob had flinched when he had given him the kiss on his cheek.

Jacob had gotten home and noticed Hyunaje still awake. Today was Sunday, so neither of the two boys were working the night shift. Depending on the Sunday, Younghoon and Sangyeon were the ones who worked the night shift. Not all the time, obviously, but enough that Jacob was glad that he had some time off.

"How was your date?"

"It was awesome, thanks."

"I'm glad. Hey, Jacob?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you can help me get a job at the flower shop you work at?"

"Of course."

"Thank goodness. I was seriously getting bored of being here by myself all the time."

"Younghoon isn't here after class?"

"No, he hangs out with a few of his friends after his lectures sometimes. I've seen them like once or twice. They're cool, I'm glad that Hoonie is happy."

"Me too. I'm also glad that you're happy."

"Ewww, you're getting too cheesy."

"Hey! You're the one who stayed up just to ask me about my date!"

"Ugh whatever. I'm gonna head to bed now. Make sure you try and get some sleep, or else I'm seriously going to consider saving up some money to get you sleeping meds."

"Thanks for the concern, but I think you're the one who should be enjoying your sleep. Its been what, a year since you slept on a nice bed?"

"I bet you're gonna be sleeping great when that date of yours is next to you."

"Yah! Its bed time, go to sleep!"

So I have the ships set up and they go like this

Hyunjae + Eric + Juyeon

Younghoon + Changmin

Chanhee + Sunwoo

And then Sangyeon and Haknyeon have girlfriends.

Should I make a Bbangnyu book? I ship them with my whole heart (but i literally ship chanhee with anyone ahdjjsja) and I'm not doing my bbangnyu heart a favor here so I was wondering if I should make them their own separate book. Please let me know!