20: Jacob Gets A Phone

Jacob had gone his whole life without a phone. He never really had the money to buy one and keep up with the monthly payments. But now that he didn't have to pay full rent, he'd be able to keep up with the payments. Thats why both him and Hyunjae decided to finally get phones. Younghoon already had one, so he didn't need to worry about that.

Sure they weren't the best phones, but they were in decent shape and they'd be able to contact one another, so that was all that mattered. Jacob was especially looking forward to being able to contact Kevin. It wasn't exactly the easiest thing to not be able to communicate with the person you're 'dating'.

He was finally getting his life together.

Kevin had agreed to hang out with Eric and Jueyon after school. Eric had only asked him because Juyeon asked him to hang out and Eric had a massive crush on Juyeon so that would be incredibly awkward for the younger boy. It wouldn't be much better for Kevin, who had to actually sit through the two basically eye fucking each other.

They went out to a little restaurant and Kevin honestly wished that he stayed home. There was no point in even coming because he was being ignored like crazy. The only thing that was keeping him going was the fact that he could see Jacob again soon.

He was planning to go over to the grocery store to give him some coffee or something. Kevin had noticed that the older boy was looking more and more tired, and he figured that it was probably because he had to work two jobs and never really had time to sleep.

When he got home, Kevin decided to take Buddy out for a walk. He usually took him out later in the day, but he had nothing to do so he figured he could spend time with his dog.

At the park, Buddy had the time of his life. He was running around and playing with the other dogs while Kevin just sat there and watched. He honestly wished that one of his friends had a dog so that he wouldn't look so lonely at the park.

Speaking of friends, Kevin's phone was blowing up with messages. Instead of reading through them, he just decided to call Changmin- the person who was blowing his phone up in the first place.

"What happened? Why is my phone blowing up?"

"I'm going on a date tonight! You have to help me, I have no idea what to wear!"

"Okay, I'll be over there soon. Can I bring Buddy?"

"Please do. I need my son here to make this decision with me."

When Kevin got to Changmin's apartment, he saw a very frantic Changmin throwing clothes all over his floor.

"Woah, okay. Chill out. Where are you guys even going?"

"To a restaurant."

"Fancy or casual?"

"Casual."

"A hoodie, jeans, and a bomber jacket on top of the hoodie."

"Kevin- wait thats actually good."

"Duh. Now, time for my questions. First up, who is this guy?"

"Younghoon."

"I fucking knew it. Also I think I know him."

"Duh, he hung out with us."

"Yeah, but he's Jacob's roommate. I ran into him once and I asked about Jacob and he told me that they lived together."

"No way! Thats so cool. Now hurry up and help me get ready."