19: Jacob's Drawn Out Day

Jacob was getting sick and tired of having to tend to this flower shop. He felt like he could never get a break. It was always the same thing too. Tend to customers, take care of flowers, throw the dead ones out, and repeat. He really couldn't see why Hyunjae wanted to work here.

When the two boys got to work, Jacob went over the basic information with Hyunjae and then the two started working. The morning were always the busiest time so Jacob didn't really have a chance to check in with Hyunjae. From the looks of it though, the younger boy was doing just fine.

Once rush hour was done, he finally got the chance to talk to Hyunjae. The other boy was currently trimming some flowers so Jacob decided to wait until he was done. Around five minutes later, he had finally finished taking care of the flowers.

"Hows your first day going?"

"Not as bad as I thought. You make this place sound like some sort of hell hole."

"Thats cus it is. Just wait until you've been doing this for a month."

"Alright, buddy."

Right when he thought he would get a break, another customer walked in. But lucky for him, it was someone that he actually was fond of.

Haknyeon kept pestering Kevin to take him to get some flowers. He didn't have a car himself, but he really needed to get some flowers for his girlfriend who was flying into town today. Kevin obviously took him because he was a good friend, and totally not because he had a small crush on the guy working there.

He pulled into the parking lot and blushed just at the thought of seeing Jacob after their date.

"Why are you blushing, weirdo? We're just at the florist."

"Shut up. Lets go before I kick your ass."

Both of the boys walked in and Kevin couldn't help but let a smile grow on his face after seeing the guy he was 'dating'. That didn't go unnoticed by Haknyeon- who no matter how worried he was, caught onto Kevin's blush and the guy he was looking at. He just went to grab the flowers, but stayed close enough to the point where he could hear what they were saying.

"Hey. Didn't expect to see you here."

"I know right, its almost like I don't even work here."

"Yeah, cus you're a dumb butt who ignored me." Haknyeon made sure to take a mental note of the pout that Kevin had made and the fond smile of the cashier so that he could explain to his friends.

"I'm sorry. I'll take you out again to make up for it."

"Hmmm. I think you're gonna have to take me out at least two more times before I can put it past us."

"Alright, deal."

Kevin was dating this guy? Why had he not mentioned it? What the hell was going on?

Haknyeon grabbed the flowers and made his way to the cashier where Kevin was. He paid for the flowers before saying goodbye to the cashier and walking out, with a very unwilling Kevin.

"So, what's going on with you and flower boy?"

"Huh?"

"I diDn'T eXpEcT tO sEe yOu hErE."

"Shut up!"

"Anyways ,who's this guy?"

"He also works night shifts at the grocery store, where I met him, and then we caught feelings for each other, or I did at least, and we went on a date last night,"

"Woahh slow your roll. Why did I not know this?"

"Cus you're a stupid sophomore and you don't have time fore me."