16: The Beginning Of A Relationship

Jacob was a nervous wreck. He had never been this scared for something as simple as a date.

This was the guy who slept on the streets of one of the scariest towns in Korea. He had definitely seen some stuff that normal people who not be able to handle. But yet here he was, stressing out over whether or not some guy would enjoy having a picnic with him. In his defense though, Kevin wasn't just some guy.

Now that Jacob was finally ready to admit, he definitely knew that Kevin meant a lot more to him that a regular friend would. He really cares about what Kevin thought and how he felt. That was why he was trying to make the most of this date. He couldn't really take Kevin out to a restaurant because he wouldn't have much money left over at the end of the month. So instead, he decided to make some food at home and take Kevin out on a picnic. They would be able to watch the sunset and then stargaze once they were done eating. Some part of him knew Kevin would like it because he liked the simpler yet more thought out things, but that didn't stop him from worrying.

Kevin was freaking out. What should he wear? Should he bring anything? Flowers? He had no idea.

He ended up in some light wash jeans, a hoodie, and a flannel over the hoodie. He still had no idea where they were going but he was seriously hoping that he was dressed properly for it. He didn't really want to go to a fancy restaurant or anything, so there was no point in dressing like he wanted to go to one. If you couldn't tell, he was seriously hoping that Jacob remembered that fact that he had anxiety.

But how could Jacob forget? This was the same guy that remembered Kevin's liking for some stupid flowers and a box of caramel filled chocolates that he had first tried when he moved to Korea. There was literally no way that Jacob could have forgotten his disorders.

Kevin was already ready when Jacob knocked on his door at 5:25. He saw that Jacob was dressed very similar to him- wearing black jeans and a hoodie that was red instead of yellow like Kevin's. That had managed to calm the younger boy down a little bit.

"Hey, are you okay? You look kinda scared."

"Not scared, just a little nervous."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll like it."

"I can tell that you're just as nervous as I am. You're not a very good faking."

"I'm not lying about you liking it. I'm like 99% sure you'll like it. I'm just kinda nervous about that 1%."

"If you're 99% sure, them I'm 99.5% sure."

Both of the boys let out small laughs before Jacob had worked up enough courage to hold Kevin's hand and lead him to the park where he had set up the blanket. He had done it ten minutes before he had gotten Kevin so that he wouldn't give away the surprise before they even got to the park.

Lets just say that Kevin's anxiety went away completely when he realized what they were going to be doing for their date.