8: Jacob's Internal Battle

No.

Jacob did not like Kevin.

He was just infatuated with him. He didn't even know the boys last name! How could he like him when the only thing he knew about him was hist first name?

But the thing that worried Jacob was the fact that if he was given any information about this boy, he would defiantly fall for him. It was inevitable.

Kevin had this charm that Jacob had never seen a person have. He'd always heard about this supposed charm that made people fall in love with each other, but he had never yet experienced it. He honestly thought it was fake. He only just found out how wrong he was when he realized that he couldn't get too close to Kevin.

Why was he making this such a big deal? The two boys have only seen one another a total of four times. The first and second were when Kevin had run out of food and needed to go shopping. The third time was when Kevin was out with Eric and they wanted to look at flowers. And the fourth time, well that was what was messing with Jacob.

Kevin had gone out of his way to go to the grocery store the other night to see Jacob. If it were any other scenario, Jacob could have easily said that Kevin was just at the store, but it was getting hard to believe when he knew that Kevin lived on a different part of town and that he didn't even buy anything that night.

That was what Jacob had to prevent. If he kept talking to this boy and actually became close to him, there was no way that he wasn't going to catch some kind of feelings.

Jacob would talk to his friends about these feelings, but the thing was that he had very few and they were all busting their asses for money too.

Sangyeon, Younghoon, and Hyunjae.

Just like him, they were in desperate need for money.

Sangyeon needed to support his pregnant girlfriend- who he had met after her ex left her after finding out that she was pregnant, hence why he worked occasional night shifts at the run down grocery store.

Younghoon needed to get away from his abusive parents and find a place where he could be on his own, hence why he worked night shifts at the run down grocery store.

And then there was Hyunjae. He was in the same boat Jacob was three years ago. He was living in a homeless shelter and he desperately wanted to get himself back on his own two feet. Of course Jacob offered to let him live with him, but Hyunjae refused and told him that he didn't want to add to the older boys burden.

The four boys had a bond that no one could quite wrap their heads around. They didn't need to spend every minute of every day together to be as close as they were. No, they were so close because of how well they understood each other. They only ever spent those occasional night shifts together, but it was enough for all four boys to make friends that they would have for a lifetime.

And it was all because of some run down grocery store.