14: The Spilled Secret

Deciding not to worry too much, Kevin just hurried and went to go get some food. When he got to register 3, he saw that there was still a cashier there- even though that was Jacob's register. He just went up and put his items on the conveyor belt like usual.

"Jacob's not working tonight?"

"No, he actually hasn't been in for the last few days."

"Do you know why?"

"He hasn't been feeling too well. He and I are roommates, actually. Should I give him a message?"

"Can you please tell him that I said to get well soon?"'

"Sure, and what's your name?"

"I'm Kevin."

"I'm Younghoon. It was nice meeting you. Have a goodnight!"

"You too."

"Jacob? I'm home!"

"Hey."

"Where's Hyunjae?"

"He went to go pick his stuff up from the shelter since he was busy when we were moving in."

"Oh, okay. Someone came in tonight and asked about you."

"Who?"

He already knew who. No one bedsides Kevin even knew him at the grocery store. He still wanted confirmation, though.

"A guy named Kevin. He told me to tell you to get well soon."

"What did you tell him?"

"I just told him that you weren't feeling too well. Something told me that he was the same Kevin that you were telling us about."

"Well duh. There aren't many Korean people named Kevin."

Jacob made his way into the kitchen and put some food in the microwave. He was really glad that the three of them had made the decision to move in with each other. Now they were all safe and well fed.

The one thing that Jacob wasn't really proud of was the fact that he was missing so many days of work. Sure he had a reason, but it didn't make him feel any better. He went from working all day everyday to just laying in bed and doing nothing. He hated it.

So he decided that he would go into work tomorrow, or in a few hours he should say. He didn't exactly need the sleep because he was never getting it in the first place.

And just at the thought of work, Jacob had the best idea. He could get flowers and stuff for Kevin as an apology. He didn't know how he would give it to the other boy, but he could work that part out later. For now, he was focused on planning out his grand apology.

"Hey, Younghoon?"

"Whats up?"

"I'm going into work tomorrow."

"Are you gonna be okay? You can stay home if you want, you know."

"I'll be fine. I'm starting to feel better."

"Okay, make sure you try and get some sleep. Goodnight!"

"Good morning."