Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Danny made the whore he had woken up with drive him to Joey’s, he guessed that was where his wife would have gone, he made her wait in the car as he made his way to the apartment. When he got to the door he didn’t bother to knock, and instead kicked the front door open, he walked into the dark apartment and opened doors on his way through the hall. He opened the last door before the living room and came face to face with Joey, and a woman, a woman he recognized as Lucy’s friend.

“Oh well isn’t this cosy?” he snarled, looking at them both.

“What do you want Danny?” Joey asked, trying to hide his guilt.

“Hmm let me think about that, oh yeah I’d like you to explain to me why I woke up with some tart!” he hissed.

Sasha was terrified when she saw the edge of the gun sticking out of Danny’s jeans and she tugged on the back of Joey’s shirt trying to get his attention, but he just pulled away from her and stepped closer to Danny.

“You cheated on my sister?” he asked in disbelief.

“You know I didn’t and you know that because you set it up, you planted that woman there and made sure Lucy saw her,” he roared.

Joey tried to keep his face cold, and shook his head pretending he knew nothing of what had happened, he hadn’t thought for a second that the woman they had put there would reveal To Danny about their little plan.

“Bored of Jon were we?” Danny asked, averting his attention to Sasha.

She looked horrified and when Joey looked at her in confusion she laughed uncomfortably, “I don’t know what you’re talking about you must be mistaken.”

“No I don’t think I am, Jon’s told me all about your little fling,” he said seriously.

Joey looked between Sasha and Danny and narrowed his eyes, “What is he talking about Sash?”

It was then that Danny realised that he had just dropped her in it with Joey, he didn’t know they were together and he knew for sure his wife knew nothing about it. “Oh dear looks like the cat is out of the bag,” He chuckled.

Joey Looked at Sasha expectantly, waiting for her to deny it but when she didn’t he lost his temper, “You slept with Jon?”

“She did more than sleep with him mate, ask her where she has been for the last week?” Danny said loving that he was causing them as much pain as Joey had just caused him.

“She has been looking after her nan she’s ill,” Joey snapped.

“Yeah ok if that’s what you want to believe. How was Italy Sasha was it to your liking, did you have a nice time?” He spat.

Joey didn’t need to ask if it was true he could tell by the look on her face that what Danny was saying was true, once Danny had seen the damage he had caused he was satisfied enough for the time. “This isn’t over Joey, as soon as I find my wife and get things back on track I’d watch your back,” he warned, before leaving.

“Wait where are you going?” Joey shouted.

“To find Lucy and put right the shit you have caused, and if she isn’t alright I will kill you Joey and believe me that isn’t a threat, it’s a promise and I don’t break my promises.”

**

Lucy told Maria that she was going to get some clean clothes from home, and she let her leave. Lucy flagged a taxi down outside the hotel and asked him to drop her off at her house, when she got there she was relieved to see Danny’s car was gone and quickly rushed inside. She grabbed a bag from the cupboard and started to throw her clothes into it frantically hoping that her husband wasn’t about to burst through the door.