Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Lucy paid the taxi driver and stormed up to Danny’s front door, ignoring her muscles that were aching from her accident. She hammered on his front door repeatedly until a furious Danny finally opened it. His anger was replaced by amusement as soon as he saw her.

 “Ah Cara, you just can’t get enough of me can you?” he teased.

Lucy narrowed her eyes at him, “Can I come in or do you want to do this on the doorstep?”

He moved aside and let her into the house, he hadn’t even shut the front door when she slapped him sharply across his cheek.

He was shocked for a moment he had never been hit by a woman before. He had always managed to charm his way around most women, but clearly not this one. He chuckled at her feeble attempt at violence and leaned against the door, watching her temper rise with amusement.

“You asked Murphy to sack me you know without that Job I can't pay Joey and he can’t pay you!” She screamed, she was beyond angry when Murphy had told her that he had replaced her. She was pretty certain she could have him for unfair dismissal, but if she was honest she was glad to be away from that job.

Danny rubbed his chin and smirked at her, “Ask me nicely and I’ll sort it all out for you.” He watched as her lips twitched and she raised her eyebrows in disbelief, he bit his lip thinking about everything he wanted to do to her.

She raised her hand to slap him again, but he was ready for her that time, he grasped her wrist and spun her around so that she was pinned between him and the door. He nearly groaned at the position they were now in, he was pressed into her thigh and he was sure she would have felt his arousal.

“You’re sexy when you’re angry cara.” He teased, as he kissed her neck.

She pushed and pounded at his chest furiously, cursing under her breath. He looked down at her, she was out of breath and her cheeks were red with her anger, but she looked more beautiful than ever.

He held her wrists above her head to stop her violent assault on his chest, “You only have to say the word Lucy and I will get you your job back and end your brother's debt.”

She glared at him angrily, she wanted to wipe that smirk right off his gorgeous face, she wanted to slap, pinch, scratch and bite him, but something was overpowering all of those feelings and she was outraged at her own behaviour when she leaned into him and captured his lips in a searing kiss.

He kissed her back, loosening his grip on her wrists and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders as he deepened the kiss. She sighed into his mouth as he gripped onto her hips pulling her closer to him. He moved from her mouth and kissed across her jaw and down to her neck, but then she suddenly came to her senses.

“I hate you!” she sobbed, she had no idea what was wrong with her. One minute she wanted to slap him senseless, the next she wanted to kiss him senseless.

Danny let go of her and licked his lips, “No you don’t Cara, you hate yourself for what you feel for me.”

She shoved him away roughly, she couldn’t concentrate while he was in her space, her heart kept taking over her mind. When he was that close she wanted him to hold her, to kiss her, to touch her.

“I will never bow down to you!” she hissed, even though in her head she was laughing at herself, of course she would bow down to him what woman wouldn’t, but she wanted to at least make him wait.

He smirked at her and traced his tongue across his bottom lip, watching as she followed it with her lust filled eyes. He was enjoying their little game and he knew that sooner or later she would have to give in to all that passion that was building up inside.