Chapter 19

Chapter 19

At some point during the night Danny must have come around from his mood because when Lucy woke up he was wrapped around her like he usually was, pinning her to the bed with his arms and legs. She tried to get out of his hold, but he wouldn’t budge.

“Danny,” she whispered.

He groaned and moved over slightly, she huffed at him and pushed at his chest, then his eyes flickered open and her hand froze against his chest as he stared at her with those deep brown eyes.

“Will you keep still,” he muttered, burying his head in her neck.

“I need to go to the toilet, then I was going to go for breakfast.” She told him.

He lifted his arm up and let her out of the bed, without another word. She could see he was still annoyed with her. She showered, dressed and went back out into the room to find him wide awake and watching the TV.

“Are you okay?” she asked unsure of his mood.

He nodded but she knew then he wasn’t because it wasn’t like him to be so quiet, she looked at him and he threw a wad of money at her without taking his eyes off the TV.

“Don’t be long,” he muttered glancing at her then turning his attention back to the TV.

She grabbed her jacket and went to storm off but she couldn’t hold her tongue at his callous treatment of her, “Are you sure you even want me to come back?”

Danny turned to look at her, “Hurry up.”

She threw the wad of money back at him and hung her jacket back up with a huff, if he expected her to marry him today with that attitude he had got another thing coming. She pulled the engagement ring off her finger and threw that him as well.

“Go and find someone else to marry!” she screamed.

Danny caught the ring and glared at her, she was the one who had been behaving like some teenager not him and yet here she was throwing a tantrum just because he had hardly spoken to her.

“Get ready,” he told her, walking past her sliding the ring back on her finger and shutting the bathroom door.

She sat down on the bed in a daze, get ready for what. Did he not hear her clearly, she had just thrown her ring at him and he still expected her to marry him.

He opened the door and grabbed his suit, “I’m going down to meet my friends in the bar, I’ll send Maria up to do your hair.”

“Who the hell is maria?” She asked.

Danny rolled his eyes and left the room without answering her, she sank back onto the bed with a sigh, he was unbelievable. Ten minutes after he left there was a knock at the door, she opened it to be greeted by a tall beautiful woman with long flowing black hair and tanned skin, this must be Maria she thought she couldn’t help feeling jealous and wondering how he knew her.

“Hi, I’m maria Danny’s cousin,” she told her.

Lucy sighed with relief she was his cousin that was good, she thought, “Oh hi I’m Lucy, come in.”

Maria followed Lucy inside and sat on the edge of the bed, “So you are the woman whose stolen my cousin’s heart,” she cooed.

Lucy blushed immediately at her comment and smiled shyly, “Is he in a better mood?”

Maria started to laugh and nodded, “You will have to get used to his ways, he is a typical Italian man he likes to be right about everything and if he doesn’t get his own way then he sulks like a baby.”