Chapter 2

Chapter 2 

The music was vibrating through the walls and floors of the dark club, and the smell of perfume was overwhelming. People were dancing, well it was more like grinding Lucy thought as Danny guided her over to a table in the corner of the room, and put their drinks down.

She was looking over his shoulder anxiously waiting for Sasha to come over. Danny frowned and looked over his shoulder to see what she was looking at.

“Don’t worry she’s alright with Jon,” he reassured her when he realised who she was looking for.

 There was something about his Italian accent that drew her into him; she could listen to his alluring voice all night long.

Lucy blushed at him, “I’m not worried,” she whispered, she was just annoyed that Sasha had left her alone with a man she didn’t know.

Danny smiled at her she was adorable, most girls threw themselves at him, but she was different, she was quieter than the girls he knew. She either didn’t know who he was or she didn’t care, which only made her more appealing to him.

“So do you come here often?” he asked as he took a sip of his whiskey and lit a cigarette up.

Lucy watched him light the cigarette up with wide eyes, “You’re not allowed to smoke in here!” She told him as she scanned the room to see if any of the bouncers had noticed.

Danny threw his head back and laughed, “Don’t worry your little head cara. It’s really not a problem.”

No one would dare to question him, and if they did, they would soon know their mistake. He was amused at the look that Lucy was giving him she looked far from impressed by his statement.

Lucy raised an eyebrow at his arrogance. It was strictly no smoking, but he seemed to think he was an exception. It was going to be his own fault when he got kicked out she thought as she watched his hazel eyes glisten with amusement.

Danny was about to speak when Lucy’s phone started to ring, “Sorry I need to take this,” she said looking slightly embarrassed, she didn’t need to look to see who it was; of course, it was going to be Joey.

Danny nodded politely and watched her as she answered the call. He wondered whether it was her boyfriend. Someone as stunning as she was, had to have a boyfriend, and if she didn’t she would soon.

“Yeah I’m at the club now. Yes, everything is fine. Will you stop going on. Yes, I know. Bye.” She was blushing when she looked up and she realised Danny had been listening in on her call.

“Boyfriend?” he asked curiously, as he took a long drag of his cigarette and blew the smoke above his head.

“No my brother.” She said with a bit of a huff.

Danny laughed at her again, when the blush rose on her cheeks it made her even more appetizing, “Cara, you’re a sweet girl.”

Lucy felt the heat rising in her cheeks and bowed her head in embarrassment. She had never really had much time for men before, not since her mother had died, it had just been her and Joey.

“My name is Lucy not Cara,” she told him slightly embarrassed that he had forgotten her name.

Danny’s eyes widened with apparent humour and he couldn’t hold back the deep chuckle that left his mouth, “Cara means darling in Italian Lucy.” He corrected.

Lucy wanted the ground to open up and swallow her, if it had been possible to die of shame she would be dead, she thought as she watched him chuckling.