Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Danny called on some of his men to come to the club and clean up the mess, and take Joey to the hospital. His papa had told him he needed to forget it was his wifes brother and treat it as though it was business after all it wasn’t like he hadn’t seen a gunshot wound before, or even inflicted one on someone, but the fact he had told his wife he was going to shoot Joey and now Joey was lying on the floor of his office with a bullet in him wasn’t good.

Lucy had enough of waiting for Danny to come back and made her way to the club, taking one of Danny’s other cars. She found the club and walked in expecting to see lots of people but it was empty, she walked futher inside the club and looked around she couldn’t hear anyone.

“Danny!” she shouted, looking around.

Danny and Beppe were getting their stories straight when her voice broke through the empty club, Danny froze and looked at Beppe with wide eyes. Beppe argreed to get rid of her and walked out of the office, closing the door behind him and standing in front of it.

“He’s not here,” Beppe said coldly.

Lucy nodded slowly, then she saw the blood all over him and panicked, thinking he had hurt Danny, she ran past him and pushed him out of the way shoving the door open, what she saw and heard when she walked in sickened her.

“Now Joey you know how this goes, you say nothing to the police,” Danny said to a groaning Joey.

Lucy screamed when she saw the state of her brother and then she was glaring aT danny, “You shot him!” she screamed.

“I did not!” Danny said standing up and walking towards her, she backed away but walked straight into an annoyed Beppe.

She pushed past Danny and fell onto her knees by Joey’s side, “Joey it’s ok, you’ll be ok,” she whispered.

“Get up Lucy, papa take her home, it’s no place for her!” Danny shouted.

Lucy shook her head and grabbed onto Joey’s hand, “I’m not leaving you Joey, I promise,” she sobbed.

“Lucy you shouldn’t be here, stress is no good in your condition,” he said soflty trying to pry her away from Joey.

Joey’s eyes widened and he looked at Danny with disgust, then at Lucy with sadness, “Please tell me it’s not true.”

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry Joey.” She cried, when he pulled his hand away from as though she was diseased.

She stood up and slapped her husband for the second time that night, “You’re a bastard and you’re going to jail for this for a very long time!”

“I didn’t do it, it was Jon!” he roared.

Lucy looked at Joey and he nodded his head in agreement then looked away from her in shame, he was ashamed of his own sister.

“I don’t care anymore, Its over!” she snapped, pulling out her phone and dialing the emergency services, she didn’t make the call though because Beppe snatched the phone from her.

“I think you need to teach her how things work around here!” Beppe shouted putting the phone into his pocket.

The men Danny had been waiting for walked into the office and heaved Joey to his feet, Lucy went to follow them, but Danny grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to him.