Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Lucy slipped out of bed early and was careful not to wake Danny he hadn’t come to bed until the early hours of that morning, no doubt making arrangements with his lover she seethed snatching some clothes up and storming into the bathroom.

She washed and dressed quickly and left him a note telling him she had gone shopping and wouldn’t be back till late, she was going to see Joey really, but if he knew that he would more than likely put a stop to it.

Danny was pissed off when he woke to an empty bed and his anger only grew when he found the note telling him she had gone out. Two can play at that game he thought getting ready and going down to the club, he arrived there early and got to work finishing up all of the paperwork he was behind on.

Beppe was surprised when his son had walked into the club so early it was unusual for him and he wondered whether he’d had an argument with his new wife, because that was usually Beppe’s reason for going to work early.

“Danny you’re early?” he said walking into the office.

“If I’m late you moan, If I’m early you moan I can’t win with you!” he snapped

They’d definitely had an argument he decided, that was a good sign. Hopefully that meant that Joey’s plan was going to work a treat.

“We haven’t had any father son time for a while how about a few drinks tonight?” Beppe asked.

“Yeah sure,” he said feeling guilty about snapping at him.

Danny finished all of his work and a few hours later Beppe’s half of the plan was in full swing as he continued to ply his son with alcohol until he was so drunk he could barely walk.

“Papa why are there three of you?” he slurred as Beppe put him in the car and took him home.

Beppe chuckled at him and put his foot down, he text Joey to let him know and Joey text back to say he would meet him at the house. Lucy had come around crying about Danny loving someone else and had fallen to sleep on the sofa so he left her there and went to Danny’s house.

When he got there Beppe was waiting outside, he got out of the car and went over to him. “Where is he?”

“In bed, he undressed himself and collapsed onto the bed he is out cold,” he laughed.

Joey smirked and got his phone out and text someone, they waited outside and Beppe greeted the girl that got out of the taxi and handed her a wad of cash

“You can have the rest when the job is done,” he informed her.

She nodded and Beppe took her into the house and left her there, Danny was so drunk that he wouldn’t hear a thing, he slept like the dead when he was sober, so he wouldn’t notice a girl slipping into bed with him.

Joey raced back home, he needed to wake her Lucy up and get rid of her when he got back he checked on her she was still fast asleep. He took his jacket off and nudged her gently, he didn’t want to upset her but he had no choice.

“Go away Danny I don’t want to!” she hissed, rolling over.

“It’s Joey,” he whispered, moving her hair.

Lucy opened her eyes and rubbed them sitting up, “I think you should go home sweetheart, you wanted to get married and you’re not going to work through your problems sitting here are you?”

She nodded in agreement and hugged him, “I know you’re finding this hard, but thanks for being so understanding you don’t know how much it means to me, to know that you are there for me.”

Joey tried not to feel guilty that his sister was about to have her heart broken in the cruelest way possible but instead convinced himself it was for her own good.

As she was leaving she turned to face him and smiled soflty,  “Do you think we will be able to work it out?”

“Of course you will sweetie,” he reassured her.

“Good,” she said leaving the apartment.

She sure hoped they could sort things, she was going to confront him about the phone call and she just hoped it was something innocent, because after what she had found out that morning she was stressed out.

She got in the taxi that Joey had called for her and asked him to drop her off around the corner so that she could have a little walk to clear her head. She fell for Danny’s charms so easily that she needed to build her anger before she got there, she was torturing herself with the phone call as she approached the house.

She put her key in the door, turned it and slowly opened the door. The house was in darkness and she wondered whether he was even in, she was too tired to wait up for him so she opened the bedroom door and turned the light on. What she saw when the light filled the room made her nearly collapse, Danny was in bed with a woman and she was curled around him.

“How could you!” she screamed, still not believing what she was seeing, he didn’t waste any time.

The woman’s eyes flew open and she froze when she felt Danny stir next to her, his eyes fluttered open and he looked at the woman in the bed in confusion and then to Lucy who was holding herself up with tears streaming down her face.

“What the fuck is this?” He shouted pushing the woman away from him, and trying and failing to get up, he was steaming drunk.

Lucy laughed coldly at him, “You’re really something else aren’t you, I suppose you’re going to deny all knowledge of her now aren’t you!” she screamed.

“Of course I am I’ve never seen her before!” he shouted stumbling from the bed and walking towards her.

She didn’t wait for him to get close enough though and ran out of the house, she leaned against the wall outside with her hands on her knees, sobbing. She needed to talk to someone, instead of going to Joey she went to maria at the hotel.

Danny turned around and faced the woman that was looking terrified, “What is going on!” he roared, ripping the drawer to his bedside table and pulling his gun out.

“They paid me!” she defended, feeling terrified as she watched him load the gun.

“Who!” He asked pausing and turning to look at her.

“Joey and Beppe!” she revealed.

Danny sat on the edge of the bed in shock, Joey he could see that he could almost understand it, but his own papa, that was going a step too far. That was crossing a line, he started to laugh as he thought about it, the marriage advice from Joey, the father son time with his papa, they had set him up good and proper. No one got one over on him and got away with it.  He dressed himself and dragged the woman from his bed, with a smirk.

“You’re coming with me,” he hissed, shoving the gun into his trousers and pushing her out of the bedroom door.

Vote comment fan :)