Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Danny lay on the hard bench in the cell he had been put in, he had been waiting for his lawyer for what felt like an eternity when an officer finally came and took him to an interview room to speak to his lawyer.

“It took you long enough!” he cursed when Lee his lawyer took a seat.

“Sorry Danny, but they have got so much evidence against you that I had to go through it thoroughly,” he told him opening up his briefcase.

Danny huffed and leaned back in the chair, “Am I being granted bail?”

“No, they say you’re too much of a risk to be allowed onto the streets, they don’t trust that you will comply with the conditions,” he informed him.

He had expected that, so it didn’t come as a shock but it was his wife he was worried about she didn’t need the stress, “Is Lucy okay?”

“Yes she’s with your mama, she is staying with her. They’re trying to find Jon to get him to come to the station and admit that he did shoot Joey, but it’s proving hard to find him.”

Danny rolled his eyes, poor Lucy having to deal with his overbearing mother, the girl would be more stressed out having her around. He shook his head he knew that Jon would be hiding somewhere, he always was weak, never could stand up and take responsibility for his actions.

“That doesn’t surprise me he always was a coward, you know me and you know that prison doesn’t bother me, but my wife is pregnant and I need to be with her.”

Lee nodded and took some more notes, “She’s asked for a restraining order to be placed against Joey it seems he has been hassling her.”

That infuriated Danny, especially knowing that there was nothing he could do, but then an idea came into his head and Lee winced knowing that Danny was plotting something.

“When is Joey in court for his attack on his father?” Danny asked curiously.

“Tomorrow, why?” Lee asked.

“I want you to retrieve that evidence I asked you to lose, if I’m going to prison I’m taking him with me.” He told him with a smirk.

“You’re not going to prison for this, don’t worry the gun is about to go missing,” Lee informed him.

**

Lucy was fraught with worry over Danny, she had never felt so alone and Maria and Rosa were taking over everything, it was as though she couldn’t even think. Maria placed a plate of food down in front of her and she pushed it away, she had no appetite she wanted to see Danny so desperately.

“Lucy you must eat, Danny would not want you to starve yourself in your condition,” Maria scolded.

Rosa sat down next to Lucy and sighed, “I know this is hard for you, but Danny knows what he is doing he will be home in no time.”

“You haven’t got to sugarcoat anything, Danny wouldn’t he would tell me the truth,” she snapped, knowing that her husband was always honest with her.