Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Danny raised his eyebrows at Lucy, she was only doing it to get at Joey that much was obvious, but if they were both gaining something from it then it was even better, and there was no way he was talking her out of it. He thought she would give into him eventually, but he wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon.

“You name the date cara and I’ll sort it all out,” he said as he walked into the kitchen to prepare their dinner.

Lucy sat down on the bed, had she seriously just agreed to marry him just out of spite for Joey. She rubbed her head in frustration why did she have to be so damn stubborn.

She walked into the kitchen where Danny was cooking something that smelt amazing, and she sat on the counter, watching him. The look of concentration on his face made her laugh, he smirked at her when he realised she was staring at him.

On the outside he was flawless, he was everything a woman wanted in man, well everything she would want. His chiselled jaw, captivating eyes, tanned skin and muscular body had her weak at the knees every time she saw him. But on the inside he was dark, twisted and dangerous, even if he could be was sweet and caring towards her he didn’t give anyone else that courtesy the evidence was the man he shot in the knees a few days before.

“Lucy?” Danny asked waving his hand in her face, he had been calling out to her for five minutes and she just continued to stare into nothing.

“Hmm, what?” she mumbled, finally come back around from her thoughts.

Danny leaned forward and kissed her head, she was worried about Joey he could see it in her eyes that she was conflicted, and he knew he hadn’t helped by asking her to marry him.

“Are you okay?” he murmured as he placed a gentle kiss on her lips, she closed her eyes and leaned forward wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

“How soon can we get married?” she asked him curiously.

If she married him soon she wouldn’t have time to change her mind, it wasn’t just about teaching Joey a lesson anymore, deep down she craved the idea of marriage and the intimacy of their relationship even if it was a little unconventional and rushed.

“As soon as you like cara,” he whispered kissing her again, then gently unwrapping her arms from his neck, and pulling back to look at her.

“I’ll leave it with you,” she muttered, sliding off the counter and leaving the room.

Danny followed her and leaned against the door frame watching her as she sat in the chair by the window, looking as gloomy as the weather.

“Go and see Joey, I’ll rearrange with mama,” Danny made her jump when he spoke.

“Don’t rearrange I’ll be back, I won’t be long,” she said as she stood up and walked past him to grab her jacket.

“Ok, let me take you and have this phone, if you need me call me okay?” he ordered.

Lucy nodded and kissed him, she made him drop her off around the corner so that Joey wouldn’t see them. She gave him another kiss before she got out of the car.

Lucy Nearly lost her nerve as she approached her apartment, she mentally scolded herself for being so stupid, what was the worst he was going to do, punch a few doors, have a screaming fit at her it would be nothing out of the usual.

She unlocked and slowly opened the front door, the silence in their apartment only seemed to emphasise the way her heart was pounding in her chest. She stood in the doorway just staring into the dark hall, wondering whether she should go in, or turn around and run back to the comfort that was Danny.