Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“I don’t think I’m ready yet,” she whispered against his chest.

Danny pulled back from her and smiled, Lucy blushed at him again when she realised the position they were in. He was half-naked with her pinned against the wall and she had her arms wrapped around his neck.

“Cara, you look so adorable when you smile, you don’t realise how you tease me,” his voice was laced with lust and his eyes with dark with desire and it was for her.

She felt special knowing she was having an effect like that on someone as devastatingly handsome as he was. Her eyes travelled to his strong face and she leaned forward and kissed him.

Danny was surprised that she was leading the kiss that time and he let her take over it, but not for long, he could not stop his domineering side taking over.

“We should go to bed,” she mumbled into their kiss.

Danny lifted her up and she instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her into his bedroom and dropped her gently on the bed.

“Do you want me to find you something to sleep in?” he asked as he opened his closet.

Lucy was amazed at the vast amount of clothing he had, and she couldn’t believe how organised his closet was there wasn’t a thing out of place. Then she looked around his bedroom, which was the same. She thought all men were like her brother; his clothes were always all over the floor.

“Yes please,” she told him with a smile. “You’re very tidy for a man.” She declared as she looked around again.

Danny pulled a t-shirt from the closet and closed the door; he passed it to her and sat down on the bed next to her. She was smiling at him and all he wanted to do was take her right there and then.

“It’s not me it’s my mama she insists on cooking and cleaning for me,” he confessed with a smirk.

Lucy raised her eyebrows and giggled, he wasn’t that different from Joey after all. She cooked and cleaned for her brother; if it weren’t for her then she would dread to think the mess he would live in.

Danny loved the sound of her laugh, it was so sexy, and it made her green eyes shine brighter than he had seen them.

“What is funny cara?” he asked amused by her.

“I was just thinking how different you were to my brother until you said your mom cleans and cooks for you and I realised there really is no difference between you.” She laughed again.

Danny laughed with her; his mama would cook and clean for him even if he didn’t want her to. He had no choice she would just come around and take over everything.

“Mama is very strong minded, she doesn’t understand the word no,” Lucy smiled at him; she could tell he really loved his mother because his eyes had lit up when he talked about her.

Danny lay down on the bed and Lucy lay next to him, he pulled her on to his chest. He liked the feel of her against his body.

“So tell me about your mother?” he questioned.

He felt her tense against him and he regretted asking, there was obviously something wrong. He looked down at her and those beautiful green eyes that had just been dancing with amusement were now glassy like she was going to cry.

“She died when I was twelve,” she whispered, he could hear the strain in her voice as if she was holding back her tears.

He rubbed her back soothingly, he didn’t want her to get upset, he had seen her upset on more than one occasion over the last couple of days, and he hated it.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered.

Lucy looked up at him and smiled, it wasn’t that she didn’t mind talking about her mother, she loved her, but it was just hard talking about how she died.

“My father killed her,” she was shocked that she had just confessed one of the darkest secrets she had; they were only a select few who knew about what her father had done.

Danny rolled over so that they were facing each other, he was appalled, not only had she lost her mother at such a young age, but at the hands of the man that was supposed to be head of the family and protect them.

When Danny didn’t say anything, she regretted saying anything to him, she moved away to get up, but he grabbed her hand and pulled her back into the bed.

“Cara where are you going?” his tone wasn’t the same as usual he sounded sad and she knew he was pitying her and that was something she hated.

“Please I don’t want you to feel sorry for me,” she spoke softly and he could hear the anguish in her voice.

He pulled her back against him and kissed her gently, she instantly felt safe wrapped in his arms, the feel of those strong arms holding her so protectively yet so gently at the same time was pure bliss.

“Cara, you are not happy, I see it in your eyes. Let me make you happy,” he whispered.

She nodded her head gently and kissed him.

“Come away with me to London for the weekend,” he told her with a smile.

Lucy bit her lip, what would she tell Joey, there was no way he would let her go if he thought she was going with a man. He probably wouldn’t let her go if he thought it was a girlfriend.

“My brother won’t let me, I know he won’t,” she told him with a sigh.

Danny hid his irritation, that brother of hers was going to be a hindrance he could see it.

“Just leave and call him when we are on our way there, then he can’t do anything. Ok so he will be furious but he will get over it,” he told her, Lucy couldn’t hold back her laugh at his mischievous tone.

“Oh gosh you are going to get me shot,” she giggled.

The problem she had was he would be in all day, because he had been on nights. She looked at Danny and hoped he would agree with what she was about to ask.

“Could you take me to get my car?” she asked him.

Danny frowned at her, “Now?”

“Yes, my brother is on nights all week, and he will be in during the day, so I thought I could go and pack a bag tonight sneak it back here and then he won’t know.”

Danny shook his head, that wasn’t necessary he would buy her new clothes and she could keep them at his house.

“I’ll buy you new clothes when we get to London, and don’t reject my offer because I will be deeply offended,” He informed her.

She sighed and agreed then cuddled up against him, she was exhausted. He held her tightly and he fell to sleep before she did. She lay there for a while worrying about what Joey’s reaction was going to be when he discovered she had run away for the weekend.