Reunion

"Gura, I'm home."

"Well come back, detective."

While Miss Watson was greeting her house guest, I followed her to the dining area where she said Kusotori was present. Hopefully, I don't take too much of her time because I have other jobs I need to get back in the Underworld. I find it peculiar she let a complete stranger inside her house. We talked a bit coming here but this type of hospitality was too much for me. I think no one would openly invite death into their own home but she is letting Kusotori stay here. I guess I should feel thankful.

Just one more turn until we arrived in the dining area. I felt nervous. Should I go with the usual act or profusely apologize to her for my actions? Even though I know she won't have her memories when I arrive, the guilt consumed me from within.

At last, we arrived before I could reach a conclusion.

"Miss Calli, Is this the lady you were looking for?"

What I saw before me was two people. One was Kusotori and the other was a girl with a tail of a shark and the body of a human. She greeted me politely.

"Nice to meet ya, lady. My name is Gawr Gura. You can just call me Gura. Ame does it all the time."

"The pleasure is all mine, I'm Calliope Mori. You can call me Calli if it seems fit for you to do so."

No wonder she seems so unfazed by my introduction. She was already acquainted with a mysterious creature. That makes sense.

They were sitting on both sides at the dining table when I and Miss Watson arrived. Kusotori looked at me in a daze when I showed up. Oblivious to who or what just entered the room.

She spoke:

"Pi...Pi...Pi...Do...I...know....you...?"

Miss Watson commented:

"This is the first time she ever spoke actual words. She wasn't answering any of my questions."

I walked up to her and stood up beside the table while she was looking at me with a daze-like look in her eyes. She turned her head when she was talking to me. I am also unsure what to say at this moment.

"..."

"Ame, what's going on?"

"Let the situation be as it is, she will explain soon. Right now, let's just quietly observe."

"If you say so."

***

"Enma-chan, are you listening to me?"

"Looks like we arrived late."

Enma-chan and I weren't casually going to our destination on foot but we were in a Limousine heading there. Since this is the only vehicle that can fit my tentacles in it without taking too much space. While I was lecturing her about the importance of caffeine and cup noodles, it looked like we finally arrived.

"Enma-chan, the X-Ray binoculars, I need to see this."

"Patience, Ina, Patience."

"I need to know if it is going to be a good ending or a bad ending. There's no time to talk about..., I can sense it happening right now with my powers, my tentacles are tingling."

"Here, Here, Take it."

"Thank you Enma-chan."

We were in front of the house that was fully painted in blue, I wind down the heavily tinted windows to get a good look at the reunion they were now happening.