The Happenings

Sir Amelia Watson has been acting very sus recently. Late last night, I heard someone leaving this house. It was faint, but I definitely heard someone leaving. Amelia has been tip-toeing in and out at very different times, not on some midnight case. 

When she returned home, faint noises could be heard outside my room. When she arrived at it, a small creak noise escaped from the opening of my door. From it, I felt a glaring sensation on my body. Sir Amelia Watson was checking me out. It was borderline creepy of her. Like she's some kind of stalker. I was still in bed half sleeping from the aquarium trip and yes, I did shower thank you very much. The stares were strong enough, I felt them coming up from my legs and the way up to my neck. When the examination was finished, those same stares were directed at specific areas of my body. Uhhh. This is weird. The faint light coming from outside my room got brighter when Ame decided to check me out even more by coming up to my half sleeping body. Light footsteps were made, now a shadowy presence drowned my body from above. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I took a small peek but then I thought ‘never mind. I'll just wait for her to leave, it's not like she is going to do something unjustifiable to me. I trust Ame. She would do anything that bad. I'm sure of it.’ I decided to wait it out. 

That when the sensation happened. She was holding up my hand, assuming that I was sleeping at this time. I assumed she was just looking at my fingers for whatever reason that she had. When she finished, I heard a small sigh. That was a sigh of relief of sorts. She said something audible that barely reached my ears. 

“And here I thought I gave the wrong size, that was a relief.”

She slowly puts down my hand and eyed somewhere else on my body. When that was over, she left the room in its previous state, closing the door when she exited. 

I thought ‘why would she need to look at me hands for? Is she going to get some gadget that helps against wrist pains and numbness of my fingers? Is she getting some kinda device for me or something?’ I should be happy with whatever that thing was, but the way she went about it was indirect. Conflicted with my emotions I can be, I slowly drifted to sleep feeling somewhat happy for what to come. Unlike Ame’s birthday party, I was totally not wagging my shark tail for the remainder of the night.

***

Let me repeat once more, Sir Amelia Watson has been acting sus. Not that very sus right now, but still. This morning when I woke up and was about to head to the bathroom, I saw Ame coming out her room the same time I did. We looked at each other, staring like we were waiting for something. I was feeling refreshed, while Ame looked like she just got up from a grave. Messy hair, messy pajamas, messy with how she was walking, and skittles looking eyes. Her eyes were different colours like she just got out of a boxing match. Red, blue, yellow. They might as well be a rainbow of colours around it. I wasn't feeling lucky today, but I know I'm not going to find any pot of gold near her. Five seconds later, life was finally coming back to her eyes. Her reaction time was bad too. Who knows what would have happened if I wasn't a friendly Apex predator. 

She said something to me in a bashful manner.

“Hey, Whats up, Gura?”

She was scratching her hair when she said that. Like she's ‘someone's boyfriend’ that got found out. I responded carefree, unbothered by the sight.

“Get any sleep last night?”

“Nope, Nah-da”

“What happened?”

“Well, I was busy with work and all.”

“What work? What is this ‘work’ you speak of?”