Ina-terlude

“What a way to sound mysterious, Ao-chan.”

It's the story of our origin. Thou shall recall events to the extent of their knowledge.

“Ao-chan, you and I both know that there's more to the story. It isn't nearly Inaff information to what I can recall.”

“Ina-chan, I didn’t know you had ‘that’ kinda backstory. Such a cute girl, stranded, at the bottom of the ocean. Ahh… that must be scary.”

Nenechi was here again at our house at some random time in the day. This time she didn't come over super early in the morning. Reason being, she had to go for a run today since she missed so many previous occasions too. Was she getting scolded for it? I can only imagine.

Me, Ao-chan and Nenechi were talking about, and being open about, my form and place of origin. Nenechi was persistent to learn about me and the recently found out, Ao-chan. How did she get caught? Well, that is a simple story.

***

“Ina-chan, your book is floating!!!”

“No-way, books don't float silly. That's impossible.”

“Look, look!!!”

“Look, look at what?”

“Over here!!!”

“Ohhh...I see.”

“See, I told you...Huh.”

“What?”

“You're covering your eyes. OF COURSE YOU CAN’T SEE!!!”

“Oh, sorry. I didn't notice.”

“How can you not know you’re covering your own eyes?”

“Ohhh. Wah!”

You know what I am, I know what I am. Even with the morals of this world, can't I sunbathe in peace?

***

Why do I feel embarrassed, for one's purpose is to be looked at?

So that's one way to get found out. It wasn't the most flattering way, but my story, and her story, were starting to cool down, just like her pages.

“Do you understand now, Nenechi? We’re not so typical nor normal than most people. Although,  I am not the most, but the only human here. Unlike me, the most otherworldly person here is Ao-chan. I still don't know where she came from.”

“Are you sure? You expect me to believe that?”

Sitting down from where she was, she examined what was going on behind me. Which was, as you know, were my tentacles that weren't attached to me. Multiple amounts wiggled around, coming from a void where an infinite amount was. Not only that, but my ears, flaps, squishy hair, halo, and last but not least, my takodachi.

“Are you really human, Ina-chan?”

“Human? I'll say, yes. I’m most definitely human.”

“Hmm?”

“Nenechi?”

I gave her the look of disbelief, that my friend would doubt my words. Ina, the tak-human, would never lie to her. I always tell the truth.

“If you don't want to believe it, that's fine too. I just won't be friends with you any more. You don't want that to happen, would you?”

Initiate sad face.

“Yes! Yes! Ina-chan is human! I believe her! I would never doubt the words of my friend!”

Don't laugh, Ina. Don't laugh.

“I’m kidding. I’m kidding. Don't forget I’m human though. Hah, hah, hah.”