Finding Gura and a Bird?

Holo-city is the quietest city on the earth. Besides the strange sightings of people you see a few months, you get used to it. I stated a few examples before, but I was busy with "work". I don't remember exactly what I said but I think they were accurate enough.

Besides that, this city is blocked off from the rest of the world, special authorization is requested from the higher-ups to enter. The whole city alone is covered by a blanket of internet. So no matter where you are in this city, you will have a stable internet connection wherever you are located within it. We, as in the inter-citizens, have exclusive deals with certain high profile companies that provide us with the latest and greatest of technology. It is by no means that we already have machines indistinguishable from humans. The low birth rate is already enough of the problems as it is.

If it reaches that level, the internet citizens' government will have to share its luxuries with the rest of the world. Yes, it's a bad thing considering the crime rate that's going on beyond our boundaries. We are doing everything to help from inside. It's not like the majority of the citizens are N.E.E.T's? We are seeing improved results from the inside, don't worry.

As the world's number 1 detective and the first of my kind, I really and realistically should be out there solving crimes and I had been doing that. It's just that I couldn't agree with their methods this time. A police organization most powerful that mine stepped in on a case I was working on. I think their name was [ ]. Not a conversation starter name but anyway, the case was peculiar.

A group of fishermen netted a catch that was both mind-blowing and ripped out a page of a fairytale. It was a half-human/half-shark girl. Well, that description isn't entirely accurate. Since this girl had the body of a child and the tail of a shark. She had blue highlights on her short white hair. Razor-sharp teeth to bite of meat with little to no effort at all. She looks soooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttteeeee. If you try to pinch her cheeks, the softness of it will flow thru your whole body.

Looks like I have to take this girl into custody, under my special supervision.

I have never met anyone that piques my interest this much. What was saying again, oh yeah? So while my imagination was having a field day, they showed up. You know, the police group that had no name. They wanted her.

***

"What business do you have with me? like seriously, are you trying to take control of one of my investigations again?"

"We have no need to explain ourselves to a second rate detective. We do what we please without authorization from your superior." Said the one in charge of two minor investigators.

"..."

"..."

"Who are these two? Never seen them before." I said.

"As I said before 'we have no need to explain ourselves to a second-rate detective, move aside if you wish to still have that reputation of yours." He said in a livid tone.

"*hic* I keep telling you, I had no choice. She asked me in a very polite tone. You saw how happy she was. If anything, I brought the life back into her eyes."

The minor investigators gossip as soft as possible, but both I and their boss heard:

"I wonder what she's talking about, is it someone associated with our boss?"

"No way, more like someone related to him. Someone close If I had to guess."

Their boss said to me in the most passive-aggressive way you can think of.