Death Convo

“These look good, Kusotori.”

“The batch you made looks nice, can I try one?”

“Sure, go ahead.”

Our cupcakes were just about finished. Calli took out her batch and mine along with it. We baked 12 batches each, and they were looking exquisite. Just like Calli with the outfit she was wearing.

“Calli, can you hold this in front of the baker, I'm going to get the camera.”

“Is that really necessary?”

“I need to preserve this moment. Especially, I don't know when you will wear that again.”

“Why is this skirt so short?”

“I should have asked you to wear my uniform.”

“Never.”

Calli was wearing a maid outfit similar to mine. She looks very delicious. I mean, the cupcakes look very delicious. When I was going for the camera, she was getting prepared to take some pictures. Given her dismissive attitude, she is supportive without questioning it much. Reason being, that I was the one who is asking. I left the kitchen and headed into our bedroom for my phone to take the pictures. It was on the bedside table. When I returned, she had the cupcakes ready. Her face was red.

“Hurry up and take the pictures, Kusotori.”

“I know, I know.”

I teasingly took a video instead of doing what I was supposed to do.

“Well, you have enough?”

“Gosh Calli, you're so impatient.”

“I’m just kindly asking you to, uhhh, whatever.”

“There and save. Now, let me take the pictures now.”

“Wait, you weren't doing that?”

“Humu, humu, humu.”

“Ku-so-to-riii?”

“Yes, Calli. That face, I love it. Just like that. Wow, you got the pose down.”

I took a bunch of pictures of her and me afterwards with the cupcakes. Various poses along with eating poses as well. Calli took the phone from me and checked the quality of them. Scrolling through the pictures, Calli had a distasteful look in her eyes, but she was still smiling. I heard two taps being made on the phone before she gave it back to me. Something was missing. The video I took of her was now gone. I was saddened by my loss.

***

“Why would she do something like that?”

“You and her have been dating for a while now, things like this should be common.”

“It is but, sometimes, I don't get her, you know?”

“Yet you've come to single old me for advice.”

It was night time. I was in my usual clothes, in a bar with my sensei, Death-sensei. We were sitting on some stools in front of the bar counter, facing the different variety of liquor, wine and other alcoholic beverages. He taught me many things in life. I am death, but life is a problem we all have to deal with. No matter how much pain in the ass it is, every undying person has to deal with it. I came to the bar with Death-sensei to talk to him about that, but the liquor kicked in and was spitting about my love life as a rapper would instead. If you are looking for a clue on how it is going, I wasn't making sense of the mundane nature of my question.

“Talking about your love life, aren't you really to seal the deal?”

“Seal the deal? Is that some surface world language you're using? What do you mean by that?”