A Predator's Catch

I never knew darkness before until now. Everything around me was silent. My body feels light like a jellyfish. Like a jellyfish, if you could see through to my brain, it was empty. I don't remember anything from my past nor why I was floating up in the sea. A ray of light shining down on me with its annoyance because it was so bright and waking me up without my permission.

What's with this light? It's so bright.

I covered up my eyes, protecting them from the light. When the light wasn't a problem anymore, I examined my body for anything that's wrong with it.

What's this?

There was a hook attached to me, pulling me up to the surface. I tried to pull it off but it was a problem. It was wrapped around my body and the string they are using is even a bigger problem.

Why can't I get this off?

I tried and tried to get this thing off but, but.

What kind of string are they using? Was It always this strong?

I gave up and accepted my fate. You are asking too much from a shark that just woke up.

Muffled noises could be heard coming from the surface. Someone was celebrating up there.

Woohoo. I am so glad. Now, can you release me? If you're a good fisherman you'll let the fishes back into the sea, right? Right?

It didn't happen. Maybe this is for the better. I have nowhere to go back to. Maybe I do if I could remember where I came from.

There was a commotion. I could hear multiple noises coming up from above.

"Cap'n, I caught something big."

"Like what, A tire like before? Where not playing pretend out here."

"No Cap'n, it definitely not that. I swear it's alive this time."

"Oh really?"

"Please believe in me cap'n, just you wait."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

Getting closer to the surface, I saw a girl with red hair wearing an eyepatch on her head. I couldn't see the rest of her cause I'm not out of the water yet. The person in front whispered to himself.

"Cap'n totally gonna sleep with me after this."

Out of the water I was. The reactions were mixed like my feelings being tied up.

"What's this? I thought it was something big."

"Cap'n, I didn't know it was gonna be a small girl."

"You disappointed me once again, matey. You know what that means right?"

In desperation, he responded.

"Please give me one more chance, I beg Cap'n."

"I'm not sleeping with you tonight. Better luck next time."

She patted the matey on his head, reassuring something, that something will happen to him. I'm too young to understand.

"Ummo..."

I tried to speak to them, letting them know that what they caught could speak as well. I needed some help.

"Do you mind letting me loose? I can't move that much."

They gave me a look, unsure about what to do with me. The person that was the so-called captain said something out of context.

"I'm horny."