The detective gives a Confession

Every time we come here, we always get some weird looks from people around us. We weren't acting strange nor because of Gura's Tail or anything. She always hid it whenever we went out under a huge detective jacket that covered her whole body. Right now, she was doing just that. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. It's just your average detective out and about with a normal girl, having a very friendly competition at a popular arcade. Besides my calm and nontoxic behavior at this moment, there was someone complaining about the supposed unfairness of how I play FPS games. Her name was Gawr Gura.

"Can you stop it with the cheating, it's unfair to treat me like this!"

"What am I doing wrong, I'm just playing the game like normal."

"I thought we were going to have a fair game this time."

"I don't know who gave you that idea."

Gawr Gura. Look at how cute she's acting. Well, I was feeling better from the bully-, I mean friendly competition we were having. Just doing what friends do, there's nothing wrong with my actions.

"Again!, like seriously? Stop trying to make me jump off the map."

"You're hallucinating. That wasn't me, it was someone else."

"I'm not that dumb to believe it was someone else. It's obviously you."

"It's time to snap out of it. Come on, we have a game to win and stop falling off the map. Our team is going to lose because of you."

"And whose fault is that, Amelia Watson?"

Whispers could be heard from directions throughout the arcade, I heard things like:

[Falling off the map that many times will surely get me angry.]

[It was funny a couple of times, but this is just virtual bullying.]

[Not gonna lie, her reactions are quite good. It gets funnier each time. I don't know why.]

[I wonder if I can get a girlfriend anytime soon.]

"Ame, I think we should move on to the next game. Since this game is your specialty, it is only fair we should choose something that is mine."

"I'm getting tired. I think we should go home."

When I was trying to leave, Gura zoomed in front of me. The only thing on her mind was revenge. She was blocking my way by asserting dominance by doing the 'T-pose'. The problem with that was she is forced to look in my eyes. In case you didn't know, I was taller than her.

"One more game, just one."

She insisted on playing one more game. I politely declined.

"No, I'm fine right now. Thanks for the offer though."

[Look at her, she is running away.]

[She really doesn't want to play one game she is good at. What a cheat.]

[So smol.]

[Am I going to be alone forever? Is this the end?]

I politely accepted.

"One more game won't hurt. So, what do you want to play?"

***

We had even more fun together. She had most of it though. She kicked my ass thoroughly on the rhythm games. We played the one that required us to move our entire body. They were arrows on the ground going north, south, east, and west. There was also one in the middle and some handlebars.

She was a monster. I already know that, but still. Legs aren't supposed to move that fast. She was playing at what, 20 percent more speed as well? She is crazy and I thought I was the crazy one. She is on another level. A rhythm game queen within a couple of years of living on this earth. No wonder why we get weird looks. I can't believe I'm just realizing this now. It's because of how good she is, not the targeted bully I was doing.