Running is Fun

"Time to go outside Ina, aren't you already finished with your drawing?"

"Enma-chan, I need to add a little more detail, or else it isn't going to look like what it is in my memory."

"Didn't you promise me we would go running today?"

"Can't we reschedule?"

"You claimed you were 'sick' last time that we didn't get to go on one at all. I'm sure Ao-chan doesn't mine."

I was in my art room, finishing up my latest illustration when Enma-chan came to you know what. Sometimes I forget. It isn't that important, is it?

"Ao-chan, what do you think?"

I turn my attention to my special book. It holds many secrets but unlike many books, It can communicate with existence that is unknown to the world. Sometimes, she answers my questions, and sometimes she doesn't. Depending on her mood, her answers can vary from 'dark realistic' and 'simple' answers. They are even times she doesn't answer at all. She didn't speak but more or less transmit her thoughts into our brain so that we can perceive it as speech. Mysteries to me even though we are related in some way.

I think you should. Being healthy is good. Go outside with Enma.

"Ina, you heard her, let's get ready."

"Just one more layer should be fine I think."

I was speaking to myself. What did Enma-chan say?

"Looks like I have no choice."

Behind me, I heard something extremely sharp releasing from its shed. I quickly turned around and saw Enma-chan holding up her Katana in a fighting position like she was getting ready to battle me. My tentacles quiver in fear that she was emitting.

"So, are you coming or are you going to stay there for another three days?"

Ninomae?

"Running seems fun, yeah, let's go."

I forget Enma-chan can be a badass at getting people to do what they need to do.

I was helpless.

***

After we got ready, Enma-chan told the driver to take us to a nearby jogging range outside the city. On our way there, we spotted some guests that we met before. They were enjoying themselves by eating and drinking some beverages. I spotted them for a couple of seconds but it looks like they are having fun.

"Do you want to say hi, Ina?"

"N-no, it's fine. I'm happy to be with you. Why did you think I agreed to this?"

"Only after I threatened you."

"Love, Enma-chan, love."

"Whatever you say."

On our silent journey, I looked out the window and spotted the change in scenery. The difference between the city and outside of it. The city is very advanced while nature only makes changes every 'who knows' long.

"Why are we going up the hills away?"

"It is to escape from the city since it has too many distractions."

"You could have least let me bring my drawing tablet."

"That was the distraction I was talking about. Listen, Ina. You're good at what you do but neglecting your health doesn't have to be a sacrifice for it. You could also find a new look and benefit from it, just like this world. The world is an abstract concept even though we know exactly what it looks like. That doesn't mean we look at it the same way that everyone does."