Mori's Regret

The UnderWorld. The world of darkness, this world is for all that is undead. No one in the realm has life is allowed to enter, except one. Everything here is lifeless. Strangely enough, this world represents the current world above. The land of the living. Where skyscrapers penetrate the skies and where life roams free. My job is to reap the souls of people's lives who have come to an end. So yeah. It like that, you know. Hmmm. That's my job. That's it. There's literally nothing else.

Finally, from a hard day at work, I can finally go home and drink some wine. This one's called "Death's embrace." I've been looking forward to it. It's fitting I say.

Most of the time while doing my job and among other things, I have a throne room dedicated to me for just reaping purposes. Even though I have no use for it. A throne, made up of dead overlords, sitting upon it in an imposing way, apparently was in my job descriptions. I kid you not, I sat on this throne once then all of a sudden, artists wanna draw my death like ensense. Even though I'm nothing like that most days.

"Calm down, calli, calm down. At least "she" is not here."

I reach my humble abode with my wine, sleep was calling my name is a whisper like tone. Seems that the wine drinking has to be put off for another day. I drowsily walked to my bed. I released the scythe from my hand and it slowly fell to the floor just like myself, slowly sinking into my queen size bed. 

"Peace and quiet. Mmm... Now that I think about it, maybe I was a tad bit ruder that day."

***

"Calli Calli!!!, Let's go on a date, We haven't been on one in a while."

"I can't, I have scythe swinging lessons today after this."

"Don't you say that like everyday?"

"N-no, I have other jobs too, you know Kusotori. Like "this" and "that". I can't skip them. They are very important. You of all people should know that."

"But you watch that critical guy daily on youtube and also whenever I come over I hear you singing, (or what I think is singing,) your singing like super fast in the shower like you're working on a new summoning spell. It quite scary calli."

"KUSOTORI!!!, that's because you always come over super early. I didn't ask you to come so early. It would do you best not to mention that any soul. Not a single undead or living one."

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say my darling calli."

"Guhhhhh..."

"Ha Ha Ha Ha, anyways when are we going out then?"

"Whenever I have time."

"Mmmm..."

"Go puff out your cheeks somewhere else, I'm busy."

"Hm. This painting of you shouldn't be that menacing,"

"Let the artist do his work, How else are they going to show a truly evil death God like myself to the humans."

"But you're so cute though"

"Please stop and just leave already"

"But-"

"LEAVE ALREADY YOU DAMN  CHICKEN OR PHOENIX OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF. I HAVE WORK TO...wait, I didn't mean it like that."

"..."

***

I didn't mean it like that. She's always like this whenever I'm working. I just got a little bit work up that one time. I didn't actually mean it. I should have promised a date to go out like I always do.

"How the hell did you think this happened, sleepy reaper, well, care to explain?"

She dashed through the throne room door.

Crying.

I just..

"I DID MEAN IT, I SWEAR!!!"

I rolled over and shouted those words to my ceiling, In disbelief of what I did. My little birdy must be crying somewhere far from this world. Well, we solved this somehow, she loves me after all and she knows how much I..

"Death-sensei?"

He was calling my phone at this hour. Well, knowing that he doesn't sleep, this is strange, even for him. Reasons being that I am the one usually calling him for scythe swinging lessons and other death related things. Him calling me about something seems odd. Since you're the one who has to seek him out.

" 'sup, Death-sensei" 

"Fine. Seems like you're feeling unwell. If your dying, sorry, I'm fully booked 'till the end of January"

"Hah, Hah, Hah. Very funny teach"

"You dying will be ironic, it will be the joke of the cemeter-ries. "

"Cut it with the jokes. I bet you struggled to use the phone I gave you. Congrats on making your first call. So what's up for real now."

"Seems like your future wife is stuck in another dimension and not only that, she is taking an unusual amount of time to revive."

I was distraught when I heard the news death sensei gave me. I felt a slight numbness while holding my phone. I couldn't breathe for a second. Literally shock was taking my body captive.

What if she can't...

"Wait, she isn't my wife."

"Don't worry, I 'm sure she won't lose her way. People flock to those types of people. She's full of energy, super cute and Eternal, After all."

"Yeah, an Eternal bird brain whenever she's reborn. I wonder how long when she will regain her memories. It took a decade the last time. I wonder how long is going, going to, going to, ahhh, I hate it"

"Sounds like sounds in love."

"Whatever, where is she?"

"The human realm"

"That place huhh?"

"Better get on your way, unless you want the ancient ones on your doorstep. You know she doesn't like these kinds of things that keep on happening every time you two have a fight."

"I'm well aware. I'll solve it as soon as possible. I wish I had more time to be with her. Ahhh. I am so tired right now. I'll do it as soon as I wake up tomorrow."

"Remember to invite me to the wedding."

"Yeah, yeah. Goodnight, I'm hanging up now."

"How do I hang up this thing."

*Call Ended*

"I hope she's okay."

Sleepy reaper now on duty.

Zzz...