The Rising Phoenix

"Oh, there you are, wait, you look a bit down today."

"Kikkerikiii, yeah, I'm not feeling well right now."

"What happened?"

"I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Sorry to hear that. Would you like some coffee?"

"Thank you very much, Death-san. you're so kind."

It was getting chilly here. Woo. My. I didn't have to leave early, but it is what it is, you know? We both decided on this time to meet, so I can't get angry.

You'll suspect that there wouldn't be many people around before dawn, and you'll be right. There wasn't. Less than 30 people are present, including me and Calli's Teacher. I saw some people jogging, on a stroll with their mixed breed, multiple headed creatures and shop on wheels that sell early morning cravings.

The Underworld National Park.

I can't begin to describe how generic this place looks. I can, but I wasn't in the mood. Imagine your regular park, but the only difference is this place is suited towards demon children and residents. That's the only difference.

"What kind of coffee do you like?"

"The non-bitter kind please."

"No bitterness at all?"

"Absolutely none. I like my coffee sweet."

"Ok. I'll see what I can do for you."

"Thanks."

We were in front of a tiny shop that had wheels on them. Standing in front of it besides Death-san, I observe a tentacle-like creature making our morning beverages inside it. Her face looks very familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

"Humu humu. I got it. Your order is coming right up."

With tentacles Ina, IN, Ah, Bundance, she rapidly made or to-go items without any spillage. After a couple of minutes of waiting in this cold morning weather, we finally got our coffees.

"Here's your order. Hope it's to your liking."

Death-san got a tray that had two items with one side filled with some packets.

"Thank you, Pun-chou. Your coo-hee has learned a lot from you."

"Ummm... What are you trying to say there?"

"Kouhai, Coo-hee."

"Ahh, hah, hah, hah. Nice attempt at a Japanese pun. You sir, still have a lot to learn."

"I'm just like any other student, huh? Messing up at the most important moments."

The depressed teacher said goodbye to his Pun-chou (?) with me following behind. I looked behind again wondering, where have I seen her. But when I did, she was gone. Like she vanished out of thin air. Leaving the empty shop remained by its lonesome.

Mysterious.

***

*Whoosh*

"So cold."

"Hm."

"No, this scarf ain't doing its job."

"Oh, Ok."

I decided to wear some clothing for this weather and the scarf is one of them. From the wind's help, it was trying to avoid me.