Aquarium Trip

I was in the living room watching TV when an ad for an aquarium popped up on the screen.

[Do you want to experience the great wildlife under the sea? Do you like fierce creatures, like sharks for example? or you are on the lighter side? Maybe you want to go on a date with someone? Don't worry. We have cute creatures too. Penguins, Dolphins, Puffer fishes. We have them all. If you come within this time frame, you'll get a discount on entry. What about it? Come now, to Holo-Sea Life!!! Conditions apply.]

"Gura, you wanna go?"

We were watching the Cowboy channel in our living room, in the middle of the day, when that ad came on. It looks fun from the different tanks and sea creatures they have. I had a heavy interest in the displaying of them and what they do in each habitat. I know it's going to be fun if we go there together.

"No, I'm good."

See, I know it's going to be...

"What? You don't wanna go?"

"I have already seen every sea creature there is. Nothing there is going to interest me. I am more curious about who is going to get killed in the next episode. Seeing them duking over who gets the girl and the turf is my type of fun."

The ad breaks were now over, it was back to its regular programming.

"Yes. Yes. Who is going to shoot first? Oh my God. This is so tense."

Feeling defeated, I had absolutely nothing up my sleeve to get her to go to the Aquarium with me. Nothing at all. I quietly left the couch and went to the area where the breakers in the house were. Oh, no. The lights were gone. What should we do?

"Ame, what happened? The TV is out. I was so pumped up and now this happens?"

"Well, things like this happen from time to time. You just have to wait it out. It will come back soon."

Things like this happen from time to time - was an obvious lie.

Wait it out? - Going to the Aquarium with me is enough time.

It will come back soon only with the power I have in my hands. Not literally, but you get the idea.

I was sitting on the couch, pretending to be sad about the situation. Gura looked at me with a glance.

"What should we do?"

"I don't know, honestly."

"..."

"..."

"Ame?"

***

And just like that, we were in line to go into the aquarium. Persuading wasn't necessary since she asked me out of her own free will. Working out the exact details of what happened wouldn't do anybody any good.

"Step right up."

The announcer led us with their voice. The price she presented to us at the place and the price in the ad had a lot of discrepancies. Like, half of it. I spoke to them respectfully.

"Um, excuse me. This wasn't the price we saw in your ad. Could you please check again?"

"Um, sorry. Madam but this has always been the price of this place."

She said with a bit of uncertainty in her voice. She must have been a recent addition.

"Um, are you sure?"

"Yes."

"I see."

I'm not paying for this, that's for sure.