54

I must say I've been loving the comments and theories y'all are coming up with lol

...

Amelia

"So," Maggie says. She leans back in a black, leather chair across from me and smiles. "How have you been Amelia?"

I shrug. I've been doing okay lately but today was exceptionally rough. Actually, this whole week has been hard. Harry's been in a rut; social media has been tearing me to shreds for some unknown reason; and I've been unbelievably stressed with work, as well as with managing my own mental health. It's been slowly deteriorating over the past few months but lately it's like it's been put on turbo mode. I feel like I don't even know who I am anymore.

"Not too great," I admit, softly.

Maggie furrows her eyebrows and shifts slightly in her seat, careful not to drop the pen and pad of paper she holds in her hands.

"Did anything happen this week? Last time we spoke you said you were feeling reasonably okay," Maggie asks me.

I shake my head.

"No, nothing happened. Not this week, anyways," I tell Maggie. I sigh, feeling myself slowly beginning to break down as I sit here with my therapist.

Maggie nods thoughtfully.

"I see," she says. "How has Harry been? We've been talking about him quite a lot,"

I bite the inside of my cheek at the mention of his name. Part of me feels like crying just from hearing it but I want to keep myself together for at least part of this session. It's only been a couple of minutes.

"I don't know. We haven't been speaking much," I respond. I twist one of my rings around on my finger - not my promise ring since I accidentally left that at home - over and over and over. Maggie's eyes flicker down to it, noticing my subconscious movements. "I think he's going to break up with me...that or he's grown sick of me..."

"Why do you think that?" Maggie asks.

I weakly shrug.

"He's been distant and just...off. I don't know how to describe it but he's not the soft and talkative Harry that I fell in love with. I still love him, of course, but he won't talk to me about anything going on. And yeah, I know it's hypocritical for me to be upset over that since I haven't talked to him about what's going on with me but it's different," I say.

Maggie smiles softly at me and raises her eyebrows.

"Is it though?" she asks me.

"What?"

"Is it really that different?"

I bite my lip. I suppose it's not. Both Harry and I clearly have more going on in our personal lives than we're letting on but for some reason it just feels like Harry is hiding something big. I know I've been hiding my feelings from him but it just feels like he's hiding more.

"I don't know," I admit. "It feels like it, though. He's been super weird lately and he's been sneaking off at these odd hours. If I actually believed he would ever cheat on me, that would be the go-to answer for his behavior,"

My words linger in the air, making me feel somewhat uncomfortable. The thought of Harry cheating has crossed my mind more times than it should but I know he wouldn't do that. However, that doesn't erase the possibility of Harry growing tired of me. I fear he might have reached his limit.

"Maybe, like you, Harry is keeping his feelings all bottled up. Have you tried asking him what's going on?" Maggie asks me. Regretfully, I shrug. I've tried but it was always half-assed because I would back down immediately as soon as Harry told me everything was fine. "That could be part of why you're feeling so stressed and out of it, Amelia. Not only have you been keeping your own feelings from him, but he's been doing the same to you. You're assuming that something is going on with him but there's no way to fully tell unless you talk to him about it because it seems like he doesn't want to fully come out with it, for whatever reason,"