29

I'm so sorry I forgot to acknowledge this in my last chapter (I was blinded by rage) but thank you so much for all the love in regards to my surgery ❤️ I wasn't expecting all the comments so I was overwhelmed when it came to replying but I really appreciate it!! So far my surgery is now Monday and I got Covid tested again yesterday lol it wasn't a swab test but rather a saliva test? Idk but I was relieved I didn't have to get the q-tip thing shoved all the way up my nose LMAO

...

Amelia

"Amelia," a frantic voice whispers. 

I groan and turn over in my sleeping bag, burying my head into my pillow. 

"Amelia," the voice says again. 

"Hmm," I sleepily respond. I squint open my eyes to see Harry sitting up, looking down at me. 

"I think something touched my foot," 

I smile and roll over on my back. Closing my eyes again, I outstretch my arms as a cue for Harry to climb into my embrace. He's quick to do so, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his head into my chest. 

"Was it on the outside or inside of the tent?" I ask Harry. 

"The outside. My foot was pressed up against the tent and I felt something touch it. Do you think it was a bear?" he responds. 

I giggle and run a hand through Harry's messy curls in an attempt to relax him. He's been absolutely loving this camping trip. He enjoyed hiking the other day and the countless hours of swimming and sitting around the campfire we've been doing. It's only when we're sleeping that he has issues because of his impractical fear of wild animals. 

"No, baby, it wasn't a bear," I tell him. "It was probably a raccoon. Nothing to worry about," 

Harry whines. 

"Are you sure?" he asks me, quietly. 

I tilt my head to the side and press a kiss against his hairline. 

"I'm sure. Black bears won't hang out near us because all of our food is stored away in bear-proof containers. They're not interested in people," I explain. 

Harry sighs heavily and snuggles closer to me. I lace my fingers in his curls, tugging gently on them as he lulls back into a sleep. I'm just about to follow suit but the both of us are abruptly awoken by the sound of howling and stampeding coming from just a little beyond my fathers tent. 

Harry and I sit up, staring at the zipped up door to our tent. The howling hasn't completely stopped, but it's fading as the pack of wolves or coyotes move to wherever they are traveling to. 

"Uh," Harry nervously says. 

"What the fuck was that?" I hear my dad yell. 

I bite my lip trying to hold in the snicker I'm about to release but I fail miserably. I start laughing at the ridiculousness that is this trip. It's just been a string of comical incidents, from my dad pranking my brothers into thinking Bigfoot is real to Charlie flashing a strobe light into mine and Harry's tent during a heated make out session. It all seems like a fairytale during the day and then the sun sets and it all goes to shit. 

"It's not funny," Harry whines. 

I fall back on the sleeping bag, covering my face with my hands while I fall into a fit of hysterics. Harry lays down next to me and pulls me to him in a tight embrace. 

"I'm sorry," I tell him, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. "Everything just goes wrong at night," 

Harry chuckles.