39

This is another filler chapter BUT I think it's cute lol I've been DYING to write this chapter for a while now

Also there is a rant at the end!! Specifically for my American friends lmao but if you're not from America, feel free to read anyways lol 

...

Amelia

Christmas might have come and gone, but the city is still very much in the holiday spirit. Colorful lights light up a majority of buildings; tourists are everywhere to visit, primarily the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center; and I still hear the occasional Christmas song in the shops nearby. That's one thing that I love about the city - it doesn't shut down as soon as the holidays are over. 

Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays. Maybe I'm biased since that is my last name after all, but there's something so cozy and endearing about spending time with my family and giving gifts, as well as all the other holiday traditions. It makes me feel so warm inside. 

After mine and Harry's one year anniversary, which was spent almost entirely clothes-free as Harry insisted we stay in all day, we flew out to spend some time with his family. It was definitely nice to see Anne and Gemma again, and I also got to meet a couple other of Harry's family members. I was nervous when we said I was invited to a family Christmas party but they're just as lovely as Harry's immediate family. His little cousins are adorable and his grandparents are the sweetest. I genuinely had a great time. 

Afterwards, we flew back home to spend Christmas in New York. We couldn't get a real Christmas tree into our apartment so we settled for a fake one and decorated it with an excessive amount of ornaments. We also strung up lights everywhere and put out these Christmas pillows that Harry bought when we were in England. The whole apartment was insanely cozy and I absolutely adored it. After we saw my family, we came back and got to spend our own little Christmas together. 

Harry had gotten me a small, but beautiful, Gucci handbag along with a diamond necklace. I absolutely loved both of them, but then Harry somehow managed to top those presents off by gifting me two keys: one to his London home, and one to his California home. My gifts to him definitely felt a little underwhelming after receiving all of his, specifically the house keys. Those made my heart stop. 

Harry seemed over the moon for everything I gave him though. He wore the shirt I gave him for three days in a row and has been listening to the Fleetwood Mac album on loop. He also sits with me in my library-office fairly frequently with his journal or new book I got for him. It's very domestic and I can't say I don't love it. I just makes me feel so warm inside. I'll always support Harry being this huge super star, but I prefer the softer, more intimate side of him that only a handful of people get to see. 

Currently, the two of us are walking through the Upper East Village, looking for the nail salon I booked our appointments at. Harry was a little shy when I gave him the gift certificate. His face turned a deep shade of red and he fumbled over his words as he thanked me. His smile, though, was genuine leading me to believe that he's just nervous about getting his nails done professionally for the first time. 

"Are you okay?" I ask Harry as we approach the outside of the building. 

"Yeah," Harry dryly replies. He gives my hand a squeeze. "You're sure this is a good idea?"

I sigh and tug Harry's hand so he comes to a halt with me. He frowns but then realizes my actions were intentional as I back us towards the buildings so we are not in the middle of the sidewalk. 

"Are you having second thoughts?" I ask Harry. "We don't have to go if you don't want to - "

"No! I mean, I do want to..." Harry quickly answers. He averts his eyes briefly before returning to meet my gaze. "I love that you did this for us and I'm excited. I'm just..."