25

This chapter is dedicated to Robin Twist

...

Harry

I've been in an absolutely state of shock since we landed in London a couple hours ago. The entire plane ride I was trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Amelia somehow managed to have her family fly across the globe to meet mine, specifically for Robin's sake. I know she was a bit nervous about my reaction given the sensitive situation, but I couldn't even articulate how grateful I was. I always dreamed of our two families meeting. It was another important milestone in our relationship and I couldn't believe that Amelia managed to put it all together.  

My love for her continues to grow, even though I didn't think that was possible. I never thought I could meet someone as caring, kindhearted, beautiful, and loving as her. It just doesn't seem possible for someone like her to exist, let alone for them to exist and love me. I don't deserve her attention or affection, I know I don't. I'm not necessarily an awful person, but I'm not a saint either. She deserves absolute perfection and that just isn't me, but I vow to try to always be exemplary just for her. 

I sigh, missing her presence beside me. My hand was glued to hers the entirety of the evening, but her and Robin have disappeared once again for one of their secret meetings, leaving me feeling cold and lost. Maybe I rely on her too much, but I allow myself to during this time. Mentally, I can't handle this without her and I feel like I'm going to lose it at any second if she doesn't return. 

"You okay?" I hear a voice whisper to me. 

I turn my head to the side, meeting Gemma's eyes staring back at me with concern. I shrug and look away, glancing at Kelly, Todd, and my mum who are in some deep conversation. 

"I guess," I respond, vaguely. 

Gemma sighs and scoots a bit closer to me. 

"I'm glad you came back. We were all worried about you, especially Robin," she says, quietly. 

"He shouldn't worry about me," I mumble while fiddling with my fingers. I huff. "I'm sorry I left so suddenly. I just...couldn't do it in that moment. I needed Amelia," 

I look back at Gemma. She gazes at me with an empathetic look in her eyes. 

"I'm really glad you have her, Harry. We all are. I mean, hell, I really like her as my friend but she keeps you sane and puts up with you. It's not every day you find someone like that," she tells me. 

A small smile spreads on my lips. 

"Yeah, I know you're right. She's really special to me," I respond. "No offense but I don't think I could do this without her," 

Gemma shrugs. 

"I get it. I couldn't do this without Michal. It's just...a different type of connection that you need, and our partners can provide that to us. You and I have that sibling bond but they give us just a little something extra ," she says. 

My mind starts to wander to Amelia. I'm overwhelmingly in love with her and this trip has been making me realize this. I knew I was in love with her before, but her support for me during this troubling time has shown me a whole other side of love that I longed for. Amelia makes me feel adored, treasured, safe

"I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her," I whisper, mainly to myself. 

Gemma puts a hand on my shoulder and gives it a squeeze. 

"I sure hope so," she says. "I really like this one. If you don't keep her, I might have to," 

I playfully roll my eyes. I absolutely love the fact that Gemma likes Amelia and vice versa. I secretly knew that they would, but it just makes me insanely happy to see them get along right in front of my eyes. It's my two worlds merging together to make one.