23

GUESS WHO GOT UNNECESSARILY WINE DRUNK THE OTHER DAY

it was me

...

Amelia

My siblings and I have been watching nonstop movies in mine and Harry's bedroom since we got here. They spent the first hour or so just exploring the place, their eyes widening at nearly everything they saw. They were amazed with everything in their sight, specifically the views of New York City we have. Charlie especially loved how high up we are. I had to practically pull him away from the window so we could finish he rest of the apartment tour. 

I suggested putting a movie on, originally in the living room, but eventually we migrated to mine and Harry's room as the night progressed. Luckily our bed is big enough for all of us, otherwise this would not have been all too enjoyable. In this moment, I'm glad that Harry wanted to get an obnoxiously large bed for the two of us. 

My phone begins ringing during a quiet part of the movie we are watching, causing Mikey and James to scream. I chuckle to myself and lazily reach over, grabbing my cell phone from the nightstand. I'm half expecting it to be Robin again, but instead I find an unknown number calling me. 

"Hello?" I answer. 

"Hi, is this Amelia?" a man says on the other line. 

"Uh, yes?" 

"This is Mark from Joe's pizza. I'm outside with your order,"

"Oh! Yes, I will be right down!" I reply. I hang up the phone and swing my feet over the side of the bed before standing up. "The pizza guy is here. I'll be right back," I tell my siblings, causing them to nod and hum in response. 

I exit the bedroom and pad into the kitchen. Before getting into the elevator, I make sure to take my wallet, apartment key, and cell phone with me. 

It takes less than a minute to reach the lobby. The security guard sends me a tight lipped smile as I head outside. As soon as I set foot outside of the complex, I am met with an unenthusiastic looking teenager in a red polo and matching baseball cap. He gives me a bored expression as I approach him. 

"Mark?" I ask. 

He nods. 

"That's me," He replies. He balances the pizza boxes in one hand while he pulls a receipt out of his pocket with the other. "Your total is...$42 even," 

I cringe at the amount of money. It seems pricey for two pies, but I don't complain. I pull the money out of my wallet, plus extra for a tip, and hand it to the boy. 

"Thank you," I tell him as we exchange the money for pizza. 

He nods his head and then proceeds to hop on the bicycle that was propped against the side of the apartment building. 

I huff slightly as I struggle to open up the apartment complex door with the pizza boxes in hand. I nearly drop everything I'm holding several times, but luckily a man around my age opens the door and holds it so I can walk in. 

"Thank you," I say to him, giving him a warm smile. 

"No problem," he replies, returning the smile. I don't believe I've ever met him, but he looks oddly familiar. Perhaps I saw him in a magazine or online, assuming he has some sort of popular status. He looks like he could be a model with his overly symmetrical features and perfectly styled hair. "Here, let me get the elevator for you too," 

I walk past him, him following as we make our way towards the lift. 

"Did you just move here? I don't recall ever seeing you before," the stranger lightly converses.