~ > 1 < ~

~Your smile keeps me up all night~

I pulled my jacket tighter around me. It was a very very cold day this morning and weird thing is that I loved cold weather, but not today. I could not concentrate on this day, I was too focused on the next hours, in the next days, in the next months, on the next years. I was afraid. "Are you okay, Lilibeth?", Julia asked. 
"I don't think so.", I answered and bite my lips until it hurt.
"Don't worry, Lilibeth. They will love you. Be yourself and it will be fine.", Julia said. I still looked worried at her but tried to give her a little smile. "Thank you, Julia, you are the best.", I thanked her and gave her a hug. "I'm going to miss you."
"I will miss you too. But hey, Sarah, Vee and I will come and visit you in England when you are free, right?", she winked at me.
"Of course, you guys have too!", I laughed.
Julia and I were waiting for the last minutes together before I will fly to my new home, to the beautiful England. My future will start there, I will start working there and I hope that my dream will come true.
Julia hugged me for the last time before I went to the checking. There were only a few hours between my new and my old life. 2 hours. 2 fucking hours. For the last time, I looked back at Julia, my old residential, bevor I finally went to the airplane. I got from minute to minute more nervous. Does it always feel like this? I was not even that nervous when I moved out of my parents' home.
The airplane finally started, and I looked down at Munich. For the last time for now. I did not want to look back to my past, it was over. Right now, I want to look at the future. I closed my eyes, put the headphone in my ears, and relaxed while "Ma Baker" by Boney M. was played.

The flight from Munich to Birmingham took 2 hours and I had to drive with the taxi another half hour to Swindon, my new home in England. I rent a little apartment in that little city, which is in the near of my probably new workplace. I'm going to have a job interview tomorrow. Maybe I have the chance to work for Formula 1 and for the Williams team as an event-and project manager. It was always my dream to work for Formula 1 but it seemed impossible for a long time. And there were too many problems which came in my way. But now there is a big chance which I want to use. It takes many risks. First, I had to move to England bevor I have a fixed job, but I got told that I should live in England because I would have better chances to get the job. I applied a year ago and I knew I needed a plan. And I planed and planed. In Germany, I worked as a barkeeper for one year and saved a lot of money to rent an apartment and get everything that I needed to be here. Julia, one of my closest friends helped me a lot. She and I lived for 3 years together in an apartment, after I decided to move out of my parents' house with 18 years. Me and my parents have not a good relationship and I saw that this must have an end. I moved out and Julia and I lived happily together. I went to college, learned hotel-and tourism management so I had experienced as a barkeeper. The best of this whole college is that I do not have one job, I have more jobs. I can work with everything that is with hotels, tourism, gastronomy, and management stuff. In those three years of college, I realized that the management stuff was the best for me. And then I saw what I could do: working for Formula 1.
But it was hard to get there. Very hard. I did everything for it but I was a good student, I always had good grades and I had the second-best graduation of the year when we graduated.

The first thing that I did in my new apartment was getting into my bed. Yeah, I already had my bed. I had a few things already here. My lucky ass has 3 cousins who live in London and they were nice and brought my furniture and my other few stuff into my apartment after I let them send it to England a week earlier. I was also lucky because my job interview was not tomorrow, it was the day after tomorrow so I could sleep today and clean the apartment tomorrow. And that was what I did. I slept.

It was the day of the job interview. I was nervous as shit I did not know what to do. Sarah (Julia's twin sister) told me to breathe slowly yesterday. That is what I did for 10 minutes when I was standing in front of the Williams building in Wantage. I had to get in five minutes. I put all my anxiety away and walked into the building. My black heels were clicking on the floor while I was looking for someone to ask where the office of Claire Williams was. I felt how warm it got in my dark blue blouse and black skirt and started to breathe loudly again. Finally, I found someone who I could ask to find the office. "Excuse me, sir. Can you maybe help me? I am looking for Claire Williams's office."
"You have to go ahead this floor and it will be the first door on the left side.", the man explained and showed it to me with his hands. "Thank you very much, sir."
I walked the way down the floor, exactly how the man said, and I found the office. I read the name "Claire Williams" on the door and I knocked on it.
"Get in", someone said inside. I opened the door slowly and saw a woman with brown hair behind the office table. She was writing something and looked at me with a smile when I came in. "Elizabeth Ward, nice to meet you", Mrs. Williams greeted me and stand up behind the table and came to me to shake my hand."Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Williams. I am very happy that you invited me for a job interview."
"Of course. I am happy about every applicator here. Come here, sit down."
I sat down how she told me, and she did the same. "So, Elizabeth. I saw that you are not from England. You lived in Germany, right?"
"Exactly, ma'am."
"You applied as an event and project manager, but you have not studied. But I heard many good things about you when I called your college. You were a very good student, and your grades are really good", Claire said. I nodded and smiled. This was good news. "I am honest with you, Elizabeth. I prefer people who studied, but when I look at your grades you look smarter than some other."
She laughed, and I laughed a bit too. This woman was sympathetic to me. "Okay, tell me something about you."
"Ask me something and I will answer you every question."