~ > 8 < ~

~Lay all your love on me~

"I TOLD YOU SO"

I could hear Julia's shrieking in my ears. And that was all week long. Of course, I called her right after work and she freaked out. Less than an hour later, her twin sister called me and screamed at me about how great I had it. Yeah, those are my crazy friends. Then there's Vee, she and I are like one heart and soul, like soulmates. She called me afterward too. I was pretty sure Julia did a big number on us. After all, it was my first real date ever and I was nervous as anything.
I stood in front of my wardrobe thinking and wondering for an hour now what I should wear. A dress? A skirt? Just a pair of jeans? I just never had this problem. There are girls who go on dates all the time, but I never did. Never. At least I knew I would not wear sweatpants, but a fancy dress would also be too much or? But then an idea came to me. I was a vintage fanatic, I loved everything vintage. I tended to avoid it at work, but in my everyday life, I usually wore vintage. And since I hated jeans, I knew I would switch to something else. So, I grabbed a light brown skirt, a white blouse, black stockings, and a dark brown jumper. With that, I went into the bathroom and took a shower so I could calm down. After all, I still had two hours until George would pick me up at half-past seven.

After the shower, I got dressed and took my make-up into the living room so I could continue there. It was obvious that I would wear vintage make-up with vintage clothes, but only discreetly.

I ended up being quite unsure if this was good for a first date, so I called Sarah on FaceTime. Julia was on late duty today, so I couldn't call her. "And already at his house?", Sarah greeted me with a grin, whereupon I screwed up my face. "Very funny, Sarah. Really."
"Do you have condoms?"
"Sarah!" I interrupted her annoyed.
"Okay, okay. What do you need, honey?" Sarah asked seriously this time.
"What do you think of my outfit?", I asked, walking in front of my mirror and turning the camera of my phone around so she could see it completely.
"Ey looks cool. He will love it. ", she assured me.
"And what if he doesn't like vintage?", I asked nervously.
"Girl, he's probably not going to look at whether you're wearing vintage or totally modern stuff, he's going to look at how you are on the inside," Sarah interjected. "Don't worry about your looks, honey. From what you have told me about him, he'll only be focused on your insides."
I nodded slowly and turned the camera around again so that I could sit on the couch. "Unless you two are already sleeping together today, but I think-"
"Sarah!" I interjected indignantly. "I'm definitely not going to sleep with him tonight or anything like that."
I exhaled deeply. Sarah just laughed, though. I knew this was just a joke, but I was just so nervous. My fear was to mess up the whole thing and that George might not be interested in me from one moment to the next. "And we haven't even kissed, so this would be a bit weird," I murmured softly.
"Ah, maybe that will happen tonight, Cinderella." she winked. "Only have him get you home before midnight and just lose your shoes."
"Sure, only he knows where I live and work. Ah yes, and he knows my name too," I joked.
Sarah started laughing again. "Damn Lilibeth, you're worried he doesn't like you?" she asked. "You're fucking in England and not in Germany where all the guys are looking at your ass."
"What does my ass have to do with it now?", I asked, confused.
Sarah slapped her hand against her forehead. "You clever child, by that I mean that he pays more attention to your character. He's one of those guys who doesn't care about your ass."
"I don't even know if he's ever looked at my ass," I said.
"Probably, but don't worry about what kind of ass you have, just that you're too yourself on this date."
"And then what?"
"Then he might ask you to be his girlfriend," Sarah continued.
My eyes widened. "Me? And why after just almost two weeks?"
"Lilibeth! Why do you think it is you? Goodness, you're exhausting..."
I could not help but giggle. This time Sarah did not like it. "All right, I know you're still nervous, but take it easy, will you?"
"Okay, I'll try. Any more tips?" I asked to reassure myself.
"Now about what you should do during the date or if it spontaneously comes to that that you both-"
She stopped herself this time after seeing the look on my face. "Can you please stop talking about me sleeping with him?" I asked her, raising my eyebrows.
"Why? Would that be so bad?", Sarah asked curiously. I bit my lips. I honestly did not want to answer that question... True, I had already had my first kiss - even though I was drunk when I did it and can hardly remember - but that was as far as it ever went...
"Oh wait that's why," Sarah remembered. "So, you mean..."
"It's not meant to be rushed, okay? But I am sure George would not do it, at least not today," I explained."
"Look, you got yourself a fucking gentleman who would never in a hundred years do anything you didn't like. Calm the fuck down," she snorted, "It'll be fine, be a good girl and everything will be fine. Maybe you will buy some condoms sometime after the date though, just to be safe."

I just shook my head. I am certainly not going to buy condoms... Why was I thinking about this right now? It was totally stupid. George and I had known each other for almost two weeks, got on well and now I just crush on him, but will anything happen between us? I did not have high hopes, I just let everything come to me.
Sarah kept talking while I was still fixing my hair into a nice style and hoping it would be okay.
"It looks good," Sarah finally said.
It was only 15 minutes to eight and my nervousness was rising. "What if he tries to kiss me and I don't notice?", I asked out of nowhere.
"What?! Ah, come on Lilibeth. You won't notice and then if it happens, it happens," Sarah reassured me. "You remember how your first kiss went don't you?"
"Yes..."
"So, don't drink too much wine - I know you love wine - and act normal."
"Yeah, except I don't remember what my first kiss was exactly-"
"Oh God, how drunk you were then."
"Vee and Julia totally fucked me up with that game," I interjected as I heard a ring. My gaze slid to the clock. Fuck. He was ten minutes early. "He's, there he is, Sarah."
"Okay, good luck and take care," she said goodbye.
I gave her a quick wave before hanging up and throwing my phone on the couch to open the downstairs door for George. I pressed the button, and I could hear the door open downstairs in the hallway. I took a deep breath in and out and fixed my outfit and hair one last time before the doorbell rang again upstairs. I opened the door and saw a smiling George in front of me. He was wearing a black jacket with black jeans and white Nike shoes. It looked damn good. "Hi," I greeted him.