~> 2 < ~

~Just you, me, and the stars in the sky~

"When did you get into Formula 1?", Claire asked.
"I was probably five years old when I watched my first race on TV. But I am a real fan since 2013", I answered.
Claire nodded. "I am not going to ask you who your favorite driver is, you know.", Claire said with a laugh. I laughed back again. Claire and I were talking for an hour about me and her now. She was very friendly to me and allowed me to ask her some questions. I did not ask very personal stuff, just like "How is it to be the daughter of Frank Williams" or "Was she forced to love fast cars and formula 1". She answered all the questions truthy, you could see that.
"Okay, Elizabeth. You seemed to be good for this job. Your teacher who is also the director of the school told me that you have good organization skills. This is exactly what I need here."
So I have to job? That was a compliment, right? It sounded like this...
"I still have to think about it a bit. I already said it, but you have not studied communication or journalisms, but I heard good things about you and your grades are saying good stuff too.", Claire replied. She looked at me for a while and played with the pen in her fingers, which made me nervous. From one moment to another it felt like she is not giving me the job...
"You think you can do it?", Claire asked.
"Of course. I would give my best from the beginning."
"And you really have no problems with traveling, being every week in another country, or with changing time zones from one day to another?"
"I will handle them. I am sure about it.", I said again and used "will" this time not "would", maybe this is what Claire wants to hear.
"If you say... Good. You must give me a bit of time to think. But to make my choice easier... I got an idea. I would like to do a little test with you tomorrow if you do not mind."
"And what is it?"
"My plan would be that you plan a whole race weekend with reporters, who is coming as VIPs in our hospitality, planning the flight, who is bringing our cars and our workers to the race... All this. Let us see how much you can do and after that, I can tell you more. You have no experience in this sector but if you are good enough we may work together."
My heart started to beat faster. Did this really happen? Claire Williams is testing me tomorrow... oh my god.
"Okay, Let's do this.", I agreed with her.
"Nice", she said and stand up and so did I. "We see us tomorrow, Elizabeth. I will prepare that test for you. Would you come for 2 pm tomorrow?"
"Sure, I will be there."
We shacked our hands friendly. "See you tomorrow, Mrs. Williams."
"See you tomorrow, Miss Ward"
And this is how my adventure began. But it's still no the whole beginning.

It was half-past one when I walked the last meters to the Williams building in Wantage. I still must come with the underground from Swinton because I can not buy a car. I saved enough money for an apartment and some little stuff to live here but I had not saved for a car because I thought that it is not that important like an apartment.
I walked in and went again to Claire's office. She welcomed me friendly again and we two went to a conference room, where I would do my test. "So, Elizabeth, it's not that hard. Your job for today is to plan the race weekend in Monaco. It is not real of course but imagines that would be. You must book the hotel and the flight for the team. Organize the prices, bring our equipment and our cars to the racetrack and you have to give a look at the reporters and a little bit to the hospitalities. That is it. You have two hours and then I will come to pick you up or I will send you someone else to pick you up. And you can use the internet of course. Alright?"
"Alright"
"Good Luck. I guess you will not have any questions because everything should be clear."
Claire left me again and I set down at the table and started reading the tasks again.

She was right, the mostthings were not hard to do. I learned everything at school and I also did threeinternships during high school. In my last year, I had been to Las Vegas and I organized weddings and some events. And I love organizing stuff and this is thereason why I applied as an event and project manager.
I was trying to do it in the correct order: First booking the flights, then the hotelfor the team. I was searching for a good flight from Birmingham to Monte Carloand a good hotel and found one quick. Afterward, I was looking at how I couldtransport the whole equipment to Monte Carlo and the cars too. This took melong, but I found something, and I wasted a lot of time with that. One hour wasalready over and I tried to work a bit faster.
"Hey. Yes... I know, I know it takes too- "
Someone entered the room and looked confused at me while I was writing my notesdown. He stopped talking into his phone and started starring at me. "Are youhere because we have a conference soon and I almost missed it or did I misssomething else?", he asked.
"I guess you are not missing anything. I am just taking a test here.", I answered.
"Oh, Oh, sorry... I was just... Oh my god. I will leave...", he stuttered awkwardlyand went to the door. "Sorry again and good luck, for whatever it is."
"Thank you.", I thanked, before he left the room and closet the door behind him. Ishook my head and tried to concentrate on my test again. My brain was stillthinking about this guy. Wait. This guy. Damn it, was not that...? I tried tokick this out of my head again. I knew this guy, of course, I did. But I shouldnot concentrate on that...
In the last half hour, I spent time organizing the reporters and this wasreally the hardest part of everything. I had five minutes, in the end, to look at everything and calculate the price for everything.
I finally finished and felt relieved when the door opened again. And then thathappened. It was the cute guy again. "Here we go again. I should pick you up.", he said.
"Yes", I confirmed and put all the sheets together.
"I am really sorry again because of that an hour ago. I did not know that you wrote that test. I should only look for something in the conference room. But Idid not know that people can write a test there and I also did not know thatpeople are writing tests for being here.", he explained, and I began to giggle softly.
"I am okay, do not worry about this."
"Okay, that is good. You can give me your test.", he said and hold out his handto me. I handed him the sheets and he put them in a folder, which he held inhis right hand.
"My name is George by the way.", he introduced himself.
"I know, I guess I should know."
"Damn yes, I am so fucking dumb.", he laughed and shook his head.
"It would be a bit weird if I do not know but yeah. Nice to meet you Mr.Russell. My name is Elizabeth Ward."
"Beautiful name. Nice to meet you too Miss Ward.", he welcomed me officiallyand shook my hand. "And it is George please, I am 21 years old."
"Then Elizabeth too, I am 21 as well."
We both laughed, we lowered our hands again. "Okay, let us go again. I willbring your test to Claire's office and then I can show you the building if you want."
"Sure, that would be lovely."
George and I left the room, and we went quickly to Claire's office how Georgesaid. "Seems like that you will be our new event and project manager.", George started a conversation.
"Oh really? I thought Claire would like to see this test first."
"I will tell you something, Elizabeth. Claire literally raved about you, without wanting to exaggerate. She loved your appearance, apparently, you convinced her very well.
I started to smile brightly. "That sounds pretty good, right? I am really glad about it.", I said happily.
"But I am not the boss so if I am wrong, do not kill me please.", George said quickly with a laugh, which I immediately joined in.
"Do not worry, I am not a killer."
"Right you are an event manager."
"Ehm, no. State-approved assistant for hotel and tourism management.", I corrected him.
"Uff, bless you!"
I started to giggle and looked at him. He gave me boyish smile and I smiled athim too. I could not believe that I am talking to George Russell, I mean THIS George Russell, the Formula 2 World Champion of 2018, and the Formula 1 driver for Williams. I was not one of those girls who played the fangirl in front of him. I would never do that. I mean yes, George always seemed nice and sympathetic from the interview of formula 1. This was no different here. He was immediately nice and sympathetic. And yes, he was cute too, it's not like I've thought so for a while... But well, I had no right to think that. After all, it could be that he and I will become colleagues now...
"In short: I can start all professions that have to do with hotels, gastronomy, tourism, and management."
"Wait really?", he asked surprised. "That is very interesting."
I nodded and smiled again. He too. Oh my god, he was so sweet and his smile was so much better than on every single picture from Instagram or video from YouTube.
My brain said: Shut up, you just know him for a couple of minutes!
But another of me said that he is very VERY cute.
We went to the elevator and he pulled the number 1.
"Ehm, so yeah... you... Where are you from?", he asked and scratched the back ofhis head as we climbed in. I was glad that he asked something because I didn'tknow how to break the silence. I really wanted to continue talking to him.
"Originally I am from Hungary, I moved to Germany when I was eight years.", Ianswered.
"That is cool, there is this one cake which I ate once there, and it was so good damn."
"You mean Dobostorta?"
"Haha yeah"
It was silent again until we reached the first floor.
I know that he wanted to show me the building but the only thing I could look at was something else now. It was him.