~ > 7 < ~

~Stay with me forever~

I was a person who did not want to decide anything too quickly, but when I thought of George it was immediately clear to me. I hated it. Not because of George. I hated myself because I knew exactly how much I was exaggerating.

I realized it when I looked at myself in the mirror and smoothed out my black skirt, which matched my light blue blouse perfectly. I wore cream-colored shoes with a little heel, as I could not wear high heels. But a little heel made my outfit more attractive and at the same time comfortable for me.

Finally, I put on my jacket and went outside to walk to the underground. It had been raining overnight, so it was already slippery outside, and I tried not to slip.
My thoughts were constantly with George and I was beginning to feel like a teenage girl from a film falling in love with the most popular boy in the whole school. I had to laugh about this because I was one of those unpopular girls at school.
My day at work today would start with a conference, which made my heart beat faster. I have never attended anything like this before and only knew it from the movies. Ava said that it was not bad and that she would be there to support me.
"At the beginning, Claire will guide you and you have to introduce yourself," Ava explained when we met in the foyer.
I just tried to come across as confident and hoped I would not be mislabelled.
"Good morning, Elizabeth," Claire greeted me with a smile as Ava and I arrived. "And Good Morning Ava"
"Good Morning, Claire.", me and Ava greeted her back. "And how was your first days, Elizabeth?"
"Pretty good, thank you."
"I am glad about that. And I have heard you and George understand each other pretty good, right?"
I made big eyes. How did she know? Fuck.
"Yeah, we do", I said and gave her a smile.
The other promoter of Williams came into the room. We all set down and I had a seat between Claire and Ava on the round table. Claire greeted everyone firstly before she introduced me. "We have a new member among us. Elizabeth, would you introduce yourself, please?"
"Of course.", I said, and everyone started to look at me. "So yeah. Hello from my side. My name is Elizabeth Ward, and I am 21 years old. I am from Hungary and I moved to Germany in 2006, where I also finished High School and College for hotel and tourism management. I will be here for the new event and project manager at Williams, and I am looking forward to working here at William and for Formula 1."
The promoter nodded and welcomed me friendly in the team. "Okay, so let's start with the plans for 2020. We have the calendar since August, and I guess everyone here looked at it. It is the biggest colander in the F1 history", Claire continued.
"Did you hear about that in China?", a man asked three places next to me.
"Oh yeah I have heard of it.", said a woman next to him.

"No, what happened there?", Claire asked. "Something that we can not do F1 in China next year?"
"I guess it is just a joke, but the news said yesterday that in one city is a virus which is not good for the lugs.", explained the man who began with the topic.
"Oh really? Sounds more like a movie, Jack.", Claire said and looked at her documents again. She was a bit annoyed, I guess. Claire was a woman who wants to talk about important stuff here and not joke which are miles away from here.
"China closed its borders yesterday. So maybe we will not go there."
"Jackie, F1 begins in March. We are in the middle of December. Until there everything will be fine, and we will be in China again.", Claire said. "But let us go on with more important stuff. We have to organize some stuff for the tests and for the events in March."

The conference took two hours and we finished finally at 10 am. I took so many notes as I could because of my next job for now. We talked a lot about the testing days in February and I must plan the days for Williams now. But first I must do a contact list of all my colleagues. Ava already told me that my phone will be my new best friend because I must call a lot of people.
I went to my office and started with my part of work.
So yeah, my list was very long at the end and I knew my job will take a lot of sleep away from me. After I finished, I started to inform myself about the conditions on the testing days and wrote notes down to my other notes which I took during the conference. My phone interrupted me when it started to vibrate, and I took a second to look at it. It was a message from George, and I started to smile again.