~> 3 < ~

~Your smile is the most beautiful smile in this universe~

„So, and here are the offices of the background worker for the events or project, you know, maybe your future job.", George explained. "And that is it. What do you think?"
"Ehm, yes. Really nice."
I was still looking at him, I was looking at him the whole time while he was showing me the building. I do not know what was going on with me, but I loved how he talked, how he used his hands why he was explaining something, and his smile. Oh my god. His smile was so fucking beautiful. I know I should not think this, I was not allowed to think it but ... Fuck off, he was very handsome and sweet. I do not want to say that I am crushing on him but that weird feeling was there. I was sure that I already found out the reason why. Yeah here is a little story time: I am not pretty enough for boys or men. No joke. But it was also kind of my fault because I never used any chances for example going to parties and so on. I always preferred to study at home and school was always more important for me than parties. And I was different. It begun at kindergarten, the girls played with dolls, I played with action figures and cars. I did not watch Barbie; I watched the old spider man movies from the 60s. And then at school... When the people went to parties, I was at home because I was not invited mostly, I listened to old music, not this modern shit and I love vintage. I dress up in vintage style. Yes, I am very different from others and that is the reason why many people think I am weird and do not even try to start a conversation with me. And there was George now. First, he is a gentleman, and holy fuck, I love a gentleman. He opened the door for me, let me walk first, and always asked me if I am alright or have any questions. And he was interested in me. He does not have this "go and fuck yourself" look in his eyes. His eyes have this warm look which just makes me smile like a teenage girl from high school.
"Thank you for showing me everything, George.", I thanked him with a smile when we went down the elevator again.
"You are welcome."
We arrived downstairs and I was thinking about how I could go on talking with him. I did not want to stop talking with him, he was too interesting. And no, he was not interesting to me because he is a formula 1 driver. At this moment he was not an f1 driver for me, he was just George, my "maybe" future colleague.
"Ah George, Miss Ward.", we heard someone saying behind us. Claire.
"Hi, Claire. I picked Elizabeth from her test up. John was too busy to do it and sent me.", George explained to Claire.
"Thank you, George. And I thought you would just stay for a couple of minutes and you know what? John's wife had got the veins, the reason why he had to go two hours ago, and he did not pick Elizabeth up."
"No way, really? I am glad that it was not during Abu Dhabi."
"Right.", Claire said.
"I showed Elizabeth the building, by the way.", George said. "I thought it would be a great idea."
Claire nodded satisfied. "You are a good boy. Now I do not need to do it because she needs to know where her new office is tomorrow."
My eyes got big. Did she really-
"Wait, does it mean-"
I could not speak anymore. My mouth was so dry. I thought I was in a dream. If yes, I hope I will not wake up anymore.
"Yes. Welcome to our Williams family, Miss Ward."
I exhaled in relief and delight. I just could not believe it. My future here in England was saved and I didn't have to continue working as a barkeeper.
"Thank you very much, Mrs. Williams."
"You are welcome. And call me Claire now."
"Please Elizabeth as well.", I smiled and shocked her hand with a bright smile.
"Okay, Elizabeth. Tomorrow is your first day. Your office will be there where George showed you and here is your stuff which you need.", Claire explained and gave me a little boy which were in her hands. "Tomorrow will also come someone to check your sights for the team outfits."
"Okay."
Claire explained to me what I have to do tomorrow and also told George what his job is tomorrow. "Go on with training, boy. We need to have a good season in 2020.", Claire told George a bit strict.
"Yes, Ma'am", George said like he would be a soldier.
Claire and I laughed. "Okay then, see you tomorrow"
Claire walked away, and I just started smiling more. "Oh my god I can not believe it.", I said happy to George.
"Congratulations, Elizabeth. Now you do not have to kill me.", he joked. I giggled again. "Yes sure. I am just so happy."
He smiled at me and looked me into my eyes. I could not do anything else like him. His beautiful hazel eyes were the most beautiful I have ever seen. It felt like I forget to breathe when he talked to me again and I almost forget to answer because I lost myself in his eyes. "What are your plans later?", he asked a bit shy.
"Yeah, not much. I guess I have to call my best friend because I got the job and then probably preparing myself for tomorrow.", I explained. "And what about you?"
"Oh, just some training in the evening, you know. Keep me warm until March."
I nodded and thought about how I could go on with a conversation. He was the one who asked me the questions and I thought it would be my turn. "So- "
We both started the speak at the same time and laughed. "Okay, your turn", he said.
"No, you can talk."
"No, no. Ladies First."
"Come on, you were first.", I argued.
"Do you have a slow-motion camera to prove me?", he asked and raised his eyebrows.
"Sure I have. You do not believe me?", I joked. He gave me a boyish laugh.
"Alright, Elizabeth. I wanted to ask if... yeah... I do not know. Maybe you would like to drink a coffee with me?", he asked, and he ran his hand through his brown hair.
I looked on the floor like a shy teenage girl. Holy fuck did he really ask me? How sweet is that...? Should I say yes? I mean we just know each other for almost one and a half hours. But he was kind and sweet during this time. "Why not, sure.", I accepted his offer with a smile.
"Nice. Okay."
We went outside into the cold. Probably typical English weather but I loved it. Almost the same when I have been for the first time in England in 2015. I put the box which I got from Claire into my black backpack and followed George until he stopped in front of a grey Mercedes.
"Would you mind if you wait five minutes?", I asked with an apologizing smile. "I promised to call my best friend when I get a job."
"Sure, of course. I will wait here.", he said.
I thanked him and walked a few meters away to call Julia. I searched for her phone number in my phone and typed on her number with trembling hands. I didn't know if it was from the coldness or from nervousness. It was ringing for a few seconds when I hold the phone on my ear and Julia picked the phone up. "Hi, Lilibeth. What is up?"
"You do not know who has a job at Williams now.", I said with a smirk and Julia started to scream so that I had to take my mobile phone away from my ears for a moment. "WHAT? NO WAY! I told you they'd take you, you jerk! I laughed briefly and glanced sideways at George, who had his phone in his hand and was leaning against his car. I could briefly see him looking in my direction before he turned his gaze back to his phone. "Thanks, Julia, but we need to talk later."
"Really now? I'm on my break! Do you have to work today?"
"No, but... Well, I was invited for a coffee," I replied and giggled. Julia started to giggle as well. "Really now? Have you snagged some British guy with a hot accent yet?" asked Julia, and I could see the grin on her face, even though we had several thousand miles between us? "Yeah his accent is really great and he's really cute."
"Oh Damn! What's his name?"
"George," I said more quietly this time so that he wouldn't notice that I was actually talking about him in German. "Wait, is it- "
"Yes, he is"
"Oh my-"
"I have to go."
"If you don't call me later, I'll come to England myself."
"Sure, see you later," I said goodbye and quickly hung up before Julia started something again and I couldn't hang up.
I went to Georges's car again and he put his phone away when he saw me that I finished my call.
"Ready to go?"
"Sure"
"So you did not come with a car?"
"Oh, no. No car."
"Than Let us go.", he said and opened the door on the left side. First, I wanted to ask why he wants me to drive, and then I remembered that we are in England. "Oh my god, not this again.", I said my thoughts loud, and closed my eyes.
"Bad experience with sitting with a boy in a car or is it because of the right side?", George asked with a boyish smirk.
"The right side.", I replied, sitting down in the car anyway. George closed the door again and went to the driver's side to get in.
"Tell me the story.", he demanded and started the engine.
"Okay, so back in 2015, when I was on the class trip in England...."