~ > 19 < ~

~Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I Love Her~

"China is going into quarantine. The government decided to isolate the whole country on 25 January 2020 after a dangerous virus spread to the fish market in Wuhan. This is to prevent it from spreading further. No one knows yet how dangerous this virus really is. The first death was reported on 11 January: A 61-year-old customer from the fish market in Wuhan," the man said from the radio. All of us from our floors listened intently after Jeremy called us all out. I was just about to get the rest of Jaz's plans when the news came.
"So does that mean China is cancelled?" Ava asked the group.
"They've closed off the whole country," Jeremy said, "nothing's going to happen for a while."
The whole thing sounded pretty confusing to me. It was the same virus that apparently broke out at the end of December and sounded like the flu. But now that someone died a few weeks ago and it's spreading quite aggressively, a lot of people are worried.
"Why are you looking so focused, Lilibeth?" Jaz asked.
Confused, I looked at her. "I'm thinking," I replied. "So about your question," I added. "If the whole country really has been completely sealed off China will most likely fail."
"Which isn't really good," I heard Jamie say.
 "But it could really just be flu. I mean, the whole thing sounds like a movie," I said.
 "True," Jeremy agreed, "And besides, the calendar is pretty big this year, so if China is out its not al too bad." 
"Wait, he keeps talking," Ava interrupted us. Jeremy turned the radio up so we could hear it better.
"... In addition, the countries of Nepal, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and the USA and France reported the first cases of the coronavirus," the radio announcer continued. "All those who fell ill had most likely been in Wuhan and contracted the disease there. They say it can be transmitted from person to person."
Suddenly it no longer sounded like a film, it sounded real. Yes, maybe it was just flu, but it was spreading pretty fast and no one knew what effects it could have.
"Great," Jamie said, leaning back in his chair.
"That doesn't mean anything yet," Jaz interjected. Of course, it doesn't. Unless a scientist makes any significant findings of it, this is just a more aggressive type of flu.

While the others continued to discuss it, Ava and I shifted back and picked up where we left off. "Are you actually worried about this?" Ava asked.
"About what?", I asked, confused. "The virus?"
"Yeah, it didn't sound too safe".
I shook my head. "Not much is known and until I have some facts I'm not worried. And if it really is dangerous, then I trust our medicine. It's not the plague and we don't live in the Middle Ages."
"Well, at least you already have your noble knight, speaking of the Middle Ages," Ava grinned as we arrived outside my office. Slowly I turned to her. Alright, George and I had been together for 13 days now (the best 13 days of my life), but so far we hadn't told anyone at work because we wanted to wait. Still, Claire might object to that. But Ava is Ava: I've got to know her well enough in the last month to know that she always finds out sooner or later, so I wasn't surprised because she knew by now. Still, I didn't want her to know. "I don't know what you're talking about," I lied and opened the door.
 "Sure," she said wryly back. "Then why did you and George make up so quickly?" she asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest.
 "See you around," I said goodbye and closed the door again behind me, ignoring her question. It was probably clear to everyone by now that George and I had made up, but that we were a couple was something Ava knew until now, I was aware of that. Besides, Ava and George were friends.
I started to continue my work where I had left off and made the final plans for the test weeks that would soon take place. The boys had also had a lot of training now and getting more and more ready to sit in the Formula 1 car.
Well, I didn't know if it was fair to say that, but I had the feeling that George did less. Since we were together, he only had eyes for me and that made me feel bad too. When his trainer called, he didn't always answer and preferred to continue watching Netflix with me or when there was actually time to do his daily exercises, he also preferred to spend time with me, which is why I often forced him to do his exercises. He and I saw each other pretty much every day, as he usually picked me up from work or brought me after he slept at my place or I slept at his place and then we spent the afternoon together. 
"Hi Hi Hi," I heard a familiar voice say and walked in without knocking first, which made me look up in annoyance. "Okay, I've never been greeted by you with such an annoyed look," George said, raising his hands innocently.
"You also knock before you go into an office," I interjected, pointing to my door.
 "And this goes for my special girlfriend too, sorry darling," he said, coming up beside me to press a kiss to my cheek. Then he went to the other side and sat down on the chair opposite me. "What are you doing here?", I asked, continuing to type on my computer and looking at George again and again. "Visiting you?"
"All right," I said slowly back, looking at him longer this time before looking at my notebook. "What do you need to do?", George continued to ask. "Little things to do for the test weeks," I replied and continued writing in my notebook.
"What do you mean little things?"
"Little things you don't need to know because your job is to get your sweet ass in the car and drive," I replied this time annoyed and looking up. George never visited me. Really never. And I didn't like to be disturbed while I was working because I wanted to put my full concentration into it. "Ah okay, so my ass is cute," George stated and nodded slowly. "Do you look at it that often?"
I rolled my eyes. "I don't"
"Didn't sound like it," he teased, giving me a boyish grin. I couldn't help but giggle away and hide my face in my hands. "So yeah?"
"Shut up"
I smiled sweetly at him as he winked at me, as I blushed completely. "Come here," George prompted, leaning over my table with his upper body. I did the same and gently placed our lips together and closed my eyes. Gently I embraced his face and deepened the kiss.
When I heard a knock at the door, I pushed George away from me. "Sit down," I said quickly to George, who obeyed immediately as I sat back down in my chair. "Come in," I called. The door opened and my eyes widened as Claire entered. "Hello, Elizabeth."
"Hello, Claire. How are you?", I asked kindly, smiling.
"Good and yourself?"
"Likewise, thank you" Claire's gaze slid to George. "Hello George"
"Hi, Claire."
"And what are you doing here?" Claire asked, confused.
 "Ah, just visiting Elizabeth" I replied to George, glancing briefly at myself and then back at Claire after giving him a warning look.
"Oh well," she said, turning back to me. "Have you finished the plans for the test weeks?"
I opened my drawer, opened it and handed the to Claire. "All done, the last document is coming to you via PDF," I replied, still smiling. "I was going to bring it to you this morning but you weren't there."
"Of course not, because as a team leader I'm not in my office the whole day long.", Claire said. "But thank you Elizabeth," she thanked me and returned my smile. She made her way back to the door, but then stopped next to George's chair before turning around again. "And you both know I have eyes and I don't need glasses?" Claire then asked, pointing at both of us. George and I glanced at each other, both knowing what this meant. She knew it. I prepared myself mentally for Claire's telling off and took a deep breath, but she just smiled. "Watch out for the reporters and be careful," she said and continued on her way to the door, which she opened and closed again behind her. 
I looked at George and started to smirk and so did he. We both leaned back over the table and pressed our lips together, only more passionately this time.

"So how about today if we order food and then watch a movie?" Suggested George as we were on our way home.
"You have training today," I reminded him, giving him a sideways look.
"I cancelled it"
"What?" I asked angrily. "George-"
"Okay, calm down. We still have enough time, he'll come by tomorrow and then ..."
He slowly fell silent and I gasped loudly and leaned back in the seat. I already mentioned that this wasn't the first time. Of course, this was sweet of him as it showed me that he enjoyed hanging out with me, but on the other hand, his training was important.
"We can order Chinese noodle and sushi," he said after a while, grinning and putting his hand on my thigh. If there were two things in the world that made me feel weak, it was Chinese noodles and if George touched me gently in a way that wasn't sexual, even if my tights were pretty thin and I gave me his warm hand Gave goosebumps...
"And I get to choose a movie," I added while turning my head towards him.
"Deal"
"And..."
"And?"
"I want a hoodie from you," I added and couldn't stop myself from grinning. George, on the other hand, looked at me briefly with raised eyebrows before looking back at the street.
"Why that? Since when have you become one of that typical girlfriend from movies?" He asked with a laugh."Because stop," I said. He was still shaking his head, laughing. "Well, then you will also get a Hoddie from me"

A/N: I know it is not really long and interesting, but I had not really much time to plan it and I thought it's still cute enough:) 
I hope you like it. The next chapter will be better don't worry 🥰

Sending Love x