~ > 5 < ~

~My Déjà Vu, everything is up to you~

It sounded like one of those movies, where the boy brings the girl home, and he gives her a kiss on her cheek. The girl goes into her room and screams like a teenage girl. But no, that was not my story. George was not my prince and I am also not a princess, me and princess would never work together.
The radio played "All That She Wants" by Ace of Base and my feed was playing with the melody.
"You like this song?", George asked after he saw how I reacted to the song.
"One of my favorites.", I answered. "I grew up with Ace of Base."
"Uff, sorry to say that I have never heard of them."
I gave him a mock shocked look and put my hand on my chest. "Disappointed, really. We were both born in the 90s."
"But I did not listen to the 90s a lot", he laughed. "It seems like you did."
"I still do. And I also listen to music from the 50s until the 90s."
"Oh wow really? You have to talk with my mom.", he joked.
"Wait does she love the Beatles?"
"I think so. And Elvis Presley. She loves him."
"Your mom is great. I love Elvis as well.", I said.
He shook his head in confusion. "Really now? The guy's been dead for years before you were even born," he laughed.
"Do not make any joked about my Elvis.", I said sternly but had to bite my lips to keep from laughing. George was already laughing, and I could not help but laugh with him.
"No jokes about Elvis, right. I will keep in mind."
We arrived in front of my apartment and I got a bit sad. I did not want to leave the car. "Here, right?", he asked.
"Yes.", I answered. I unbuckled my seatbelt and thought about what else I should say. Just walking out and saying nothing would be a bit stupid and rude. "It was nice spending the day with you. And especially after it started so nicely," I said with a big smile. "You're welcome. It was nice to meet you."
"It's nice to meet you too," I said and continued to look for something. "Will you come back tomorrow?"
"Oh no, not tomorrow. I have got training all day and there is going to be a guys' night out with my boys in the evening. You probably know Lando Norris, the idiot at McLaren?"
"Yeah," I laughed when he called Lando an idiot.
"Well, yeah, with him and a few other friends," he explained. "What about you tomorrow?" he asked curiously.
"Probably a whole bunch of papers to sign first and then the whole introductory phase I guess," I replied, sounding unenthusiastic because I already felt sorry for my hands. "And then in the evening, I'll probably treat myself to Netflix."
"Cool," he replied with a nod. "So, as I said, it was great with you, I hope we see more of each other."
"I hope so too," I confirmed with a smile, which he immediately returned. "So, thank you for driving me here. I hope your coach doesn't get mad."
"Ah what, I have a good excuse," he winked with a boyish grin.
"Don't use me as an excuse," I pouted.
"Only this time, don't worry."
I chuckled briefly. "Well, see you then, George."
"See you, Elizabeth."

I got out of the car and closed the door behind me. George looked at me again before turning around and driving again. I walked across the street and rummaged for my keys in my pocket as I crossed the street. When I finally found them, I opened the door and shut it straight away. I lived on the second floor (luckily) because I would always feel watched on the ground floor. There was nothing available on the first floor, so I was left with the second floor, which was also the attic floor. Once inside, I closed the door behind me and dropped onto the couch after throwing my bag next to it. I grinned when I realized what had happened. My dream had come true. I am going to work for Formula 1. It was incredible, it felt like a dream. My fear was to wake up and know that this never happened. And then George. What the hell was going on today? It was the first time anything like that had ever happened to me. He was so sweet, just like I always wanted him to be. I really hoped this was not a dream because I did not want to lose that either.
So that I did not feel completely unproductive, I rummaged in my bag for the box Claire gave me today. Inside was a little card that said, "Welcome to Williams" and had the signatures of a few staff members on it, including Claire, her father Frank Williams and George. A smile formed on my face and I looked at what else was in the box. There was a bar of Lindt chocolate (probably the most expensive of all) and a notebook with the Williams logo on it.
I was very happy about it and put it on the couch table. Then I reached for my mobile phone, lay on my stomach, and called Julia as promised, who answered immediately. "Hey, sweetie. How was your date?"
"It wasn't a date," I interjected immediately.
"It was a... yes, such a meeting to get to know each other," I said to rewrite the word "date".
"Yes, yes, did you kiss?"
"No," I said, not surprised to hear her say that. Julia and I talked for at least another hour before we said goodbye and I decided to take a shower. And of course, the shower thoughts were there. I just thought about having fulfilled my dream, about having achieved a great goal, and how far I had come. A few years ago, I would not have believed I could get this far, not even close.
I sang „Don't Stop Me Now" by Queens out loud as I step out of the shower and dry my body and blow-dry my hair. Funnily enough, the next thing I knew my phone was playing "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by Elvis as my mind drifted to George. No, I was not in love. Or at least I did not want to be yet. I had only known him for a few hours, and everything would happen too fast. My plan was to get to know him better first, he could always be an asshole and only have shown me his "good side" so far. But somehow, I could not imagine it with George. An asshole would have shown his real side at least a little, but he never showed it for a second.