~ > 11 < ~

~Be yourself, no matter what they say~

The Chrismas days in London were over soon and I was back home.
Christmas in London was very beautiful and it was also nice to celebrate with a part of my family that I have not met for so long. Of course, I saw them a couple of weeks ago but before I came to England, I had not seen them for years. My family did not travel a lot. We had not been on vaccination or we never went home to Hungary. My parents decided to leave their lives back in Hungary and start new in Germany. I was actually doing the same here in England. I have not realized that until now. 
 Today I was also working one day, between Christmas and New Year. I had a lot of work until March, booking everything for the team on the race tracks and planning the first interviews. 
The news started talking again about this weird virus in China and I got a bit confused when I was on my way to organize everything around the race week in China. Is this virus really dangerous like everyone in the news say? I started to inform myself about the whole situation in China. But you could not find any information. I shocked my head. This was just little flu or something like this. That is not a movie, where people are going to die and a Will Smith or an Arnold Schwarzenegger needs to save the world. 
I booked everything around China and left my thought about this weird virus behind me. 
Someone knocked on my door and came in. It was Ava. "Hi Ava"
"Hi Elizabeth, how are you?", Ava asked and set down in front of me. 
"Pretty good thank you. And you?"
"Next to the whole stress, pretty good", Ava answered. "We have so many interviews on our list. And a bit struggle. The reason why I am here."
I looked confused at her and pushed my stack of papers to the side to give Ava my full attention. "Why that? Is everything okay?", I asked a bit worried. Ava's face said everything. There was something. "Not really. Some people are talking about Claire stepping down as team leader."

My eyes widened at that. "Wait, why?" I asked, horrified.
"What for, I wonder. Williams is at the bottom and has been for years. We last became world champions in 1997. No wonder there's speculation," Ava said.
Of course, I was more inexperienced in these areas. Of course, I knew a lot about the business side of a company, but motorsport was not my speciality. Besides, I didn't see Claire as wanting to leave Williams any time soon.
"But Claire wouldn't do that, would she?", I asked, confused. "Williams has been under Frank Williams since 1969, so it's a big family business and Claire honestly didn't strike me as one who would never set foot in this building again."
Ava exhaled deeply. "I know what you mean, I'm 100% with you on that. I've worked for Williams for five years and Claire is not a woman who would just give it up out of nowhere. But we have to be careful. Williams is at the bottom and has been for years."
I nodded slowly. I was aware of Ava's concerns of course and understandable but what did I have to do with it?
"Well, you plan the interviews to some extent too. If anything comes up with 'Claire Williams is leaving the team': delete. Claire knows these rumours are going around but we won't make a statement until Claire talks to us," Ava demanded.
"Understood," I nodded and wrote it down. My mobile phone started vibrating on the desk. I briefly saw on the display that it was George, but I hung up and turned my phone around. This conversation was more important to me now, my thoughts could not be diverted to George during my working hours. No matter how mean it sounded, but work and private life had to be kept separate, I realised that already. That was one thing that worried me. My feelings for George were not optimal for my decision to separate job and private life.
"Okay, anything else?", I asked, turning my gaze to Ava.
"Yes, in the New Year we have two meetings in the first week, then you have to have the plan for test week ready," Ava answered. "What about Australia?"
"Almost done," I replied. "Have it ready by the second of January."
"Very good, you work fast," Ava praised me.

"And what about George?""Huh?" I asked, confused, looking at her. Yes, I was surprised that my work colleague asked me about it. She overheard how George was to me once and ever since then I've had the feeling that Ava seemed to pay attention. "Well you two have something going on don't you?"Was there? I wasn't even sure myself. I was really bad at assessing this. Sure, I thought George was really great, but I wasn't sure what he thought of me. The indications were that maybe he liked me too."I... I don't know," I replied, putting the stack of papers back in front of me. Ava looked at me studiously and nodded briefly. "All right, well, I'll see you around. Happy New Year, see you in January," Ava said goodbye and got ready to walk out of the office. "You too, thank you," I said goodbye.